BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my bike it came with a set of Carbone Lorraine brake pads for the front wheel. Upon inspection this weekend I discovered that I needed to replace the rear pads, which were completely worn down. I looked around the local bike shops and the only available pads were Carbone Lorraine 2987RX. As I am unfamiliar with this brand I looked it up on the internet, I found out that they supply braking equipment for TGV trains and Airbuses! Apparently, this brand has been a well-kept secret in the bike world for some years. Is any familiar with this brand?

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Have a look here. http://www.beemerboneyard.com/brakepads3.html Beemer Boneyard is a retailer of new and used BMW parts here in the states and generally comes highly recommended here on the forum. Many have use the Carbon Lorraine brake pads with good results.

I have not tried them as I can get EBC parts delivered next day.

Loren

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,459 Posts
I've used the Carbon Lorraine brake pads, as well as OEM and EBC. All seemed to work just fine, IMO. However, with regard to Carbon Lorraine pads, be sure you do NOT order the racing versions - they squeal seriously. DO order the street version. I don't have the part numbers handy - sorry.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The pads I bought are the 'regular' street ones. code 2987RX

·
Registered
675 Posts
Also be sure to sand your disks to get rid of the old brake material on them before use. I just changed mine (EBC) and really like the results! I am still getting used to the increased brake power!

·
Registered
712 Posts
+1 on the EBC pads, front & rears.

Be sure you follow the bedding in process & you won't have any rear brake squeal. I did mine in May this year & put on 27K Klms & had no problems stopping.

14wntr said:
Also be sure to sand your disks to get rid of the old brake material on them before use. I just changed mine (EBC) and really like the results! I am still getting used to the increased brake power!

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I used the C/L pads from Beemer Boneyard on my RT and now have them on my LT, they work great and seem to last a long time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts