BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
627 Posts
OK, I'll have a go at it.

I'm going to guess you are asking "where do we BUY brake pads" since the "t" is next to the "y"

Beemerboneyard is probably your best source. EBC brand is mentioned the most. This link is for bikes built from 2/01 K1200LT (From 2/01)

·
Premium Member
7,615 Posts
Where do we but brake pads?
I bought my first rear set (fronts are only half worn at 56,000 miles) from BBY. They were Carbone Lorraine full sintered metal pads. I think this was a mistake. My rotor went from smooth at 27,000 miles when OEM pads wore out to severely scored and wear limit at 54,000 miles. I didn't make the connection until I bought the EBC replacement rear rotor and ordered another set of pads from BBY.

The EBC instructions are ADAMANT that full sintered pads not be used on the rear. They claim that the LT requires a thicker rotor than other bikes and that this thickness is only available in a softer alloy which will be ruined by full sintered pads. So I went to Amazon and bought the semi sintered pads from EBC that they recommend. And they cost less than the BBY Carbone Lorraine pads.

If anyone wants a set of BBY pads ... I will sell my "new in the package" set. BBY insists these are suitable for the LT, but I respectfully disagree.
:smile:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts