BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings Students!

It's time to replace the rear brake pads on Quick Silver. I'd like to ask the consensus on the online source or sources who have demonstrated the best customer service, lowest total cost and quickest shipment of the EBC FA304HH pads. I'd truly appreciate the feedback.

If someone knows of a better pad for use on an EBC rotor, please let me know.

Just for the record, Quick Silver is a 2002 K1200LTE.

Thanks again,

Whoa-in' Karl

·
Registered
2,273 Posts

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Well, it looks like everyone is in agreement!:rotf: Motorcycle Superstore it is!

Great web site, huge range of products, excellent customer service (a real person will talk to you over the phone), prices are very good, and they ship like lightning. EBC's were in stock and ready to ship. Order in the am and ships the same day!

I get my tires from them. Living one state to the north I get them the day after I order them. I tried Southwest Moto Tires and the wankers have no order assist line. G'bye SWMT!

Loren

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,915 Posts
Your choice but BMW had organics on the rear the 304 HH are sintered metal. May want to go with the straight 304's.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Howdy, Folks. Thanks for the replies.

John, why do you recommend the FA304? Beemers and More, the local independent BMW shop uses the sintered pads all the way around. So I hope you can see why I'm curious.

Thanks again for your help, Folks.

Considerin' Karl

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,915 Posts
The only reason is because BMW from the factory had organics on the rear and sintered on the fronts. Maybe the ABS brain is programmed for that? Like I said use what you want. Just my 2¢.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts