BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan to replace the brake pads for the 1st time & would like your option about what type of pads to use.

Any input for a 2001 with Brembo brakes (per-integral brake system) ?

Thanks Guys!!

·
Registered
14,452 Posts
MMcGuire said:
I plan to replace the brake pads for the 1st time & would like your option about what type of pads to use.

Any input for a 2001 with Brembo brakes (per-integral brake system) ?

Thanks Guys!!
Some good info in one of the similar threads listed below your post. Click here for the start. BTW - I've used the OEMs, the EBCs and the Carbonne Lorraines and have been happy with each (except for the C.L. racing pads I inadvertently put on and they squealed).

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,601 Posts
I always used the "Premium BMW' Pads & liked them. A lot of folks here like the EBC pads. Most of them also have the EBC rear rotor. My rear rotor was stock.

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
katnapinn said:
I always used the "Premium BMW' Pads & liked them. A lot of folks here like the EBC pads. Most of them also have the EBC rear rotor. My rear rotor was stock.
+1 for the Premium. Tried those and said good bye to the school bus brakes. On my second set now :)

·
Registered
476 Posts
Where's the best place to buy HH pads or premium pads? Do either HH pads or premium pads require different rotors?

·
Registered
476 Posts
Anyone?

·
Registered
335 Posts
Your rotors should be good with any pads, at least as long as they maintain recommended thickness. I bought EBC pads on eBay a few months ago at what I thought was a pretty good price. You will probably find some listed there about any time you search for them. The only shop local to where I live is a little independent repair ship and they don't stock any BMW items. I chose EBC because that is what many of the guys on this site are using.

Keep it safe,

Tips

·
Registered
607 Posts
I buy my pads and bought my EBC MD615 rear rotor from CycleBrakes.

Have always had the most awesome, personalized service.

Great shipping times also.

Good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts