BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Changed my brake lines today. I put in a set from Spiegler. They were pretty straight forward to change. As soeone else mentioned, the bracket on the RH fork for the junction block is a tad too narrow for the replacement block. Since it is made of aluminum I just filed off some material from the new block and it fit like a glove.
One thing I didn't see mentioned were the clamps for the rear hose. The hose is too small to be held in them securely. I took some 5/16" fuel hose and cut it to about 1 inch long and slit it up the length. I slipped it over the Spiegler hose and it snapped into the clamps perfectly.
Lots of bleeding later and I had fully functional leak free brake hoses. Also changed the brake pads while I was there.

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,601 Posts
simoncharles said:
Ken,

Just to make sure again, have you a ref number for the set you purchased ?.
This was from my post last year when I changed mine

I called them @ 937-291-1735 ordered kit #S-BM0140 for 99 & up LT for $234.95 they shipped the same day & received it in 3 days

·
Registered
18 Posts
A problem I ran into is 2001 has ABS and 2002 has ABS INTREGAL. The differance is that
the 01 Banjo fitting at Right Front caliper is 45 degree bend where the 02 & up has a 90
degree bend. Here is Spiegler website for ordering: www.speiglerusa.com
Part # 02 up is S-BMO168 and 98-01 is S-BMO 140. Good Luck & mine fit great!! Phil

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
simoncharles said:
Ken,

Just to make sure again, have you a ref number for the set you purchased ?.
Call them to place your order. They will take your info. They make all lines to order, none in stock. Called on Wednsday and got them Monday.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Morley said:
One thing I didn't see mentioned were the clamps for the rear hose. The hose is too small to be held in them securely. I took some 5/16" fuel hose and cut it to about 1 inch long and slit it up the length. I slipped it over the Spiegler hose and it snapped into the clamps perfectly.
+1; I did the axact same thing for mine, worked very well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts