BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone remember a thread about problems encountered with the ABS system resulting from adding additional brake lights or adding light pulsing circuitry?

I know it has been discussed before but can't seem to find it.

Thanks,

Frozen solid in the deep south of Vermont.

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
I seem to remember it as replacing the standard bulbs with LEDs. Some ABS systems needing the correct current draw to work right.

·
Registered
675 Posts
I installed the BRAKE! (thats the trade name) light system which was three new bulbs and an activator to make the brake light pulsate for roughly a second. It dramatically improved the visibility but caused the fault light for the ABS to come on. I contacted the company and they sent a resistor that fixed the problem.
Can't find the website but will keep looking.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,545 Posts
What ever you end up adding make sure you leave the low wattage element of the center light alone. That is the only lamp that is monitored by the integral brake system. You can put what you want in the two outer light sockets with no effect on the ABS.

·
Registered
439 Posts
CharlieVT said:
Anyone remember a thread about problems encountered with the ABS system resulting from adding additional brake lights or adding light pulsing circuitry?

I know it has been discussed before but can't seem to find it.

Thanks,

Frozen solid in the deep south of Vermont.
I added the "Hyper lights" with turn signals (16 LED) and a cheap flasher unity off of EBAY to my luggage rack LED bar with no problem on the 02.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts