BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a good source for a hyper brake light (red) to supplement our brake lights? If you know of some low-cost option, please feel free to share your thoughts on:

1. Size and location.
2. Costs.
3. Source.

Thanks.

Glenn

·
Registered
607 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
There is a company called Hyperlights, they sell direct. At set of lights from sells from $55 to about $95 depending on options.

Find them here http://hyperlites.com/index.html

If you want something like Ron did you will need lots more lights and a few more bucks.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I put a set of HyperLites on my LT and love them. Purchased from the Hyperlites web site.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Another option is TailBlazers

They simply replace the tail lights so no additional wiring. They are very unique and an eye catcher because they come on and flash intensely at decaying rate to full on, until you release the brake. You can also program them to alternate as they decay. I think they are more effective together.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
I have them on mine for years. It you follow the link at the bottom of the page there is a link to the total product sheet. Find your year and look for TailBlazers on the top row.

This is the direct link for the selection page for all products all makes..

clicky -- clicky

This is the link for 1156 and 1157 direct replacement bulbs

clicky - clicky

I found the install instructions and I use the 10W-D lamp, but it looks like only the 20W replacement is now available. The 10W halogen is quite impressive so I can't imagine what the 20W is.

·
Registered
593 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
I got the Kisan unit that plugs into my under rack LED's. It runs them on low as a running light and then flashes them on high going to solid in a few seconds.
For my brake lights I got 2 replacement LED bulbs that flash on their own as long as you have the brake on. Got them here
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-K1200LT...Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item35b40adfe7

Both are great for visibility. I can see people braking behind me when I lightly touch them going down the road. I also see them brake harder when they are coming up too fast behind me when I am stopped at a light. I think you get the benefit of people thinking it's a police bike because of the flashing lights. I'm just glad they notice them.

John

1 - 13 of 13 Posts