BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have replaced the battery as it was going bad. I read that this could have been the issue. Is there something else to do as they are still flashing. Pads? Or do I need to rid for a while to reset computer? Thanks Bryan

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
I have replaced the battery as it was going bad. I read that this could have been the issue. Is there something else to do as they are still flashing. Pads? Or do I need to rid for a while to reset computer? Thanks Bryan
What year LT do you have. There are two different braking systems so we need to know which one you have in order to tell you what to check next.

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Sorry, yeah that would be good. 03 LT
OK Bryan, this is the I-ABS system. If the brakes are still working and you hear the whine of the electric motors run when you apply the breaks, the first thing I would check is the fluid reservoirs under the rear seat on the right side. There are two of them together and they need to be topped up pretty well or it can activate the lights.

I am assuming that you have ridden the bike and the lights did not go out as usual once you move a few meters forward. If the system is NOT working, please let us know that as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts