BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about half way through flushing my LT brake system and I have run into what I think is a problem. I flushed the control curcuits and it seemed to go very well. The wheel curcuit seems to present the problem. The instructions I downloaded described a two chamber resevoir that supplies the rear control curcuit and both wheel cuirciuts. My '05 LT appears to have a single resevior on the rear. I know it supplies the rear control cuircuit as it's fluid level dropped appropriatley as I flushed and refilled. But this resevoir doesn't seem to be dropping as I flush the front wheel cuircuit. I ativated the brake slightly and opened the bleeder on the front caliper. I got a stream of dark fluid but the level in the resevoir didn't drop at all. I tried it again with the same result. Can someone tell me if there is another resevoir that feeds the wheel cuircuit and if so where it is?

Attachments

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,170 Posts
The reservoirs are ON the ABS unit. Open the cap with an 8mm hex wrench and add fluid there. The front one is the taller one inboard and the rear is the shorter one outboard. The rear one you were at is only for the rear control circuit.

If you have already let air don't fret just use a long piece of tubing and run it from one of the calipers back to the abs unit and run the pump until the air is gone.

This link will help as well Flush 05

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks John! Your are the man. I'm on track now. I only ejected about 2 teaspoons full of fluid before I realized the problem. Thanks again, I'm back to the garage.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts