BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While looking for a gas leak I found a brake fluid leak where the rod from the rear brake pedal goes into a rubber boot. Any advice? Information?

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
While looking for a gas leak I found a brake fluid leak where the rod from the rear brake pedal goes into a rubber boot. Any advice? Information?
Sounds like you are going to have to replace it. I am not aware of a rebuild kit for the rear MC. You might be able to find a used on on Ebay. New as always, they are pricey.

ABS
34 31 2 332 892 BRAKE MASTER CYLINDER - D=14MM 0.24 1 $152.64

I-ABS
01 34 31 7 650 749 BRAKE MASTER CYLINDER - D=14,29MM 0.26 1 $271.99

·
Premium Member
7,543 Posts
You will need to remove the foot peg plate so you can determine if this is a brake hose leak or the rear master cylinder. My money is on the brake hose, probably the pressure line to the ABS unit, but possibly the line from the reservoir.

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
You will need to remove the foot peg plate so you can determine if this is a brake hose leak or the rear master cylinder. My money is on the brake hose, probably the pressure line to the ABS unit, but possibly the line from the reservoir.
If it is leaking around the top of the MC where the hose bolts on, I would agree. If it is leaking from the rubber boot on the bottom, then it is the cup seal leaking. As you said, a close inspection is required to tell the difference. If they are still OEM lines, a very good time to replace them with Spieglers :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts