BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got my bike out the other day after some time. The battery was very low, I charged it and got the bike started. But couldn't keep the charge. So I installed the new battery.
Now after a few days of riding, I get Brake failure and warning lights (triangle) flashing.
Previously only brake failure light would be on and after a few min of riding it would go off.
Now after I take it out for a long ride (7-10 miles) if I turn the engine off, and start it again the flashing lights are gone. But as soon as I touch the brakes again both lights start flashing and keep flashing until I stop turn off and start again. But again,no lights until I touch the brake, and both flashing lights com eon.
What does that mean?

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,601 Posts
You did not say what year our bike was but I would check the fluid level in the rear chamber(s)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its an 02. After I run for a while and turn it off and on, flashing brake failure and warning lights go off, they stay off but suddenly when I change the gear (downshift) or brake or stop at a signal they flashing lights turn on again. I can rest by ignition off/on again but then at a later stage they turn on again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts