BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can get one those rubber washer for the caps on the brake fluid container I have one that is sort of bad shape I have the two little reservoir system

·
Premium Member
7,646 Posts
Does anyone know where I can get one those rubber washer for the caps on the brake fluid container I have one that is sort of bad shape I have the two little reservoir system
BMW doesn't sell them?

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Having done many bleeding jobs on several IABS equipped K1200, I have looked in MAX-BMW parts fiche and unfortunately BMW does NOT sell these separately. It is the same story for both IABS generations: vent hoses on top of 2 sections container (2001-2004) OR hose on top of IABS modulator (2005-2009)

As far as I am concerned, I would say any fairly thin O-RING of proper diameter would do the job HOWEVER material must be either EDPM or AFLAS or SILICONE RUBBER. The very common Black NITRILE RUBBER O-ring will not work as it is not certified for Brake-fluid.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Having done many bleeding jobs on several IABS equipped K1200, I have looked in MAX-BMW parts fiche and unfortunately BMW does NOT sell these separately. It is the same story for both IABS generations: vent hoses on top of 2 sections container (2001-2004) OR hose on top of IABS modulator (2005-2009)

As far as I am concerned, I would say any fairly thin O-RING of proper diameter would do the job HOWEVER material must be either EDPM or AFLAS or SILICONE RUBBER. The very common Black NITRILE RUBBER O-ring will not work as it is not certified for Brake-fluid.
You don't happen to know the diameter of the o-ring I have everything put back together and I just want them for when I do it again Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts