BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can I find the instruction for brake bleeding so I can print them? Thanks.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,251 Posts
Are you bleeding due to a line change or just flushing.

·
Premium Member
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was for someone on here but I'm sure he has it worked out by now. I've done my bleeding and have a copy of the instructions. But thanks anyway.....:D

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,175 Posts
Are you bleeding due to a line change or just flushing.
Is there anything different between the 2 (05LT)?
I am replacing the lines so air did get in the system as expected.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Is there anything different between the 2 (05LT)?
I am replacing the lines so air did get in the system as expected.
Did mine last weekend... couldn't get the pumps to push/pull anything from the funnel into the new empty lines, so my erstwhile bleed-buddy (Axle) who's a little old-school in the mechanics dept sucked the fluid through the wheel circuits :rolleyes: ( I think one of those mighty-vacs would have worked well and tasted better).. anyway it worked!. The control circuits were done as per the instructions available in tech files. :D
GS-911 bleed tests gave me the all clear.

Axle was last seen riding off into the distance and as far as I know is still alive and well..... :rotf:

Zippy: one thing I just remembered, when bleeding a couple of the ports on the ABS (the ones that are really hard to get a 7mm spanner on unless you've pre-made a bent one) we thought air was still trapped in the system for a long time... too long... we could hear it gurgling... then thought that maybe we were cracking the bleeder open just a fraction too much letting air in via the threads, so only "just" opened it... problem (and air) disappeared from the fluid.
Also, removing the battery made it much easier to access the ports.. we just ran jumpers to the cables to power the system for the bleed procedure.

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,175 Posts
Zippy: one thing I just remembered, when bleeding a couple of the ports on the ABS (the ones that are really hard to get a 7mm spanner on unless you've pre-made a bent one) we thought air was still trapped in the system for a long time... too long... we could hear it gurgling... then thought that maybe we were cracking the bleeder open just a fraction too much letting air in via the threads, so only "just" opened it... problem (and air) disappeared from the fluid.
Also, removing the battery made it much easier to access the ports.. we just ran jumpers to the cables to power the system for the bleed procedure.
Thanks Chris. I was OK with all 4 circuits until the line from the front MC decided to go into retirement. New line in but no time to bleed the circuit until I am back from my trip to Alabama.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,251 Posts
I think it is far better to push fluid up from the calipers on the wheel circuits and from the ABS to the reservoirs. Since the flex lines have air and the solid ones still have fluid, this method keeps air out of the ABS which would other wise require a laborious bleed at the three ports on the ABS.

I will be using the pro version of this at CCR when I change out my lines for the demo. Check out the videos at the Phoenix Bleeder web site here.

Reactions: CaliDefector

·
Registered
519 Posts
John;

When you do this at CCR, are you going to make a video for a DVD?

I have to change my line this winter to steel ones ( lines are 9 years old) and would be interested to get a copy for this winters project. I have the original DVD from you for bleeding a 2005, and I have done it every year since 2009, but would like to know how this is done with the abs module with this pump system??
Video on their site shows the front lines but nothing for the ABS module.

Regards,
Don Bowen (bowdon).

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,251 Posts
I plan to video the demo this year at CCR and make it available.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts