BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bled the brakes on my 03LT using the clear hose and a bottle to catch the fluid. It was relatively easy to do. I put it off thinking it would be complicated but it wasn't. Is the procedure any different on the 05LT? And is the special funnel just a means of keeping more fluid available for the resovoir? Thanks.............James

·
Registered
519 Posts
There are numerous posts on the bleeding for the 2005.

I just completed my second brake flush ( 2005) and I purchased the funnel and John Z DVD that shows how its done. Not that bad, just have to follow the step-by-step with the DVD and its easy!!

I would suggest getting the funnel, makes it a one man job.

John's DVD is also worth getting.

Good Luck!!

Bowdon

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
James,
The funnel will keep more fluid available for flushing the ABS unit. You can flush without it, but you can't see the level in the reservoirs too well and could easily run one too low. This would be bad. Send John Zeiler (jzeiler) a PM about one of the flushing DVDs. Well worth the price, and last I knew, all the proceeds go to the charity at the next CCR.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,259 Posts
If you mastered the 03 flush, then the 05 is basically the same just different reservoirs that you can't see the level in. That is why the funnel helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts