BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the speed bleeder valve the right side brake caliper was this weird tube like cover where the blled valve should be can this be remove to install the speed valve

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
That is a special fitting that was used by the factory to fill the brake fluid. It is not used in the field.

I removed the fitting and installed the speed bleeder permanently. I also did the same with the clutch bleeder.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
As I recall, there are flats on the piece, but they are hard to get a wrench on. The fitting is set with lock tite, use a heat gun, but be careful. If you can't get a wrench on the flats, once it is heated use vice grips. You are going to discard the fitting anyway and replace it so the grip marks won't matter.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
+1 here on both the Brake as well as the Clutch Grub fittings being replaced with speed-bleeders!

Do use a heat gun to help loosen it prior to wrenching due to the Lock Tite though.

John
Boatzo said:
That is a special fitting that was used by the factory to fill the brake fluid. It is not used in the field.

I removed the fitting and installed the speed bleeder permanently. I also did the same with the clutch bleeder.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Be very careful removeing , heat well , I just snapped mine off and will have to rely on an easy out to remove what is left of the filler adapter. Hopefully not have to rebuild the caliper.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts