BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Last week I asked on this forum whether to purchase a Honda St or an LT, after test riding them I chose the LT. Although the LT I was looking at was sold by the time I decided I was able to locate another one which I went to check out and finally bought this past Friday.

What I ended up with is a 2003 with 26k miles. The guy I bought it from didn't ride it much in fact he spent about $2k on July 2010 on a 25k service and new tires and only rode it 1k miles since then. I will be taking it to my local dealer for a once over anyway just for good measure.

This is the 7th motorcycle I have owned, I went from dirt bike to sport bikes to cruisers and scooters to now tourer.

When I buy a new to me bike I usually have the dealer look at it first, from that point on I tend to wrench on them myself and I hope to do the same with the LT. Therefore, I will be reaching out to you all for the vast cumulative knowledge here (I thank you in advanced).ty

If there is anything you suggest I have done to the bike sooner then later please let me know.

I look forward to being part of this online community for many years to come.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
593 Posts
Congratulations.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,746 Posts
You are going to love your new commuter. Order your Clymers manual now so that you will have it when you decide to do some maintenance. Lotsa pictures and arrows with circles and such.

Enjoy~!

Loren
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wa1200lt said:
You are going to love your new commuter. Order your Clymers manual now so that you will have it when you decide to do some maintenance. Lotsa pictures and arrows with circles and such.

Enjoy~!

Loren


Loren, I purchased it online and am supposed to get it by the weeks end. Thanks!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
477 Posts
You are gonna love it.....best riding scooter I have ever owned :bmw:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
812 Posts
louvel1 said:
Hello everyone,

Last week I asked on this forum whether to purchase a Honda St or an LT, after test riding them I chose the LT. Although the LT I was looking at was sold by the time I decided I was able to locate another one which I went to check out and finally bought this past Friday.

What I ended up with is a 2003 with 26k miles. The guy I bought it from didn't ride it much in fact he spent about $2k on July 2010 on a 25k service and new tires and only rode it 1k miles since then. I will be taking it to my local dealer for a once over anyway just for good measure.

This is the 7th motorcycle I have owned, I went from dirt bike to sport bikes to cruisers and scooters to now tourer.

When I buy a new to me bike I usually have the dealer look at it first, from that point on I tend to wrench on them myself and I hope to do the same with the LT. Therefore, I will be reaching out to you all for the vast cumulative knowledge here (I thank you in advanced).ty

If there is anything you suggest I have done to the bike sooner then later please let me know.

I look forward to being part of this online community for many years to come.

Congrats to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're gonna LOVE the bike AND this site.


You might want to check the shifter balls for tightness and lubed. Otherwise just ride for now and enjoy. :) :bmw:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,886 Posts
Glad you found one that you like... also glad you found us here. Welcome!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,089 Posts
Welcome aboard. :wave

As you're probably aware, if the 25K service was the last time it was serviced, then you might want to change a couple of fluids being it's been 2.5 yrs. Again, assuming that's the last time any fluids were changed. You'll have to post some pics when you can. :wave
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,886 Posts
bikerj said:
Welcome aboard. :wave

As you're probably aware, if the 25K service was the last time it was serviced, then you might want to change a couple of fluids being it's been 2.5 yrs. Again, assuming that's the last time any fluids were changed. You'll have to post some pics when you can. :wave
Yeah, post some pics because Jeff cannot remember what an LT looks like since he has been gone so long. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,089 Posts
I'm glad you confirmed that Tony. I was trying to remember which model I had. :confused:
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top