BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I appreciate all the information on this sight as it helped me choose an RT. I pick it up Friday morning from Chicago BMW. I got the Polar Metalic loaded out and am trading in my 08 1200 GS.

George

:yeah:

·
Registered
472 Posts
Congrats.
I've got an '11 coming very soon, too. Maybe tomorrow! Mine's Thunder Grey Metallic w/radio and Premium package.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
FMFDoc said:
I appreciate all the information on this sight as it helped me choose an RT. I pick it up Friday morning from Chicago BMW. I got the Polar Metalic loaded out and am trading in my 08 1200 GS.

George

Did you deal with Mike Abt? I talked to them before getting the bike I have. I could have had the 2011 outfitted like mine and would have had to pay for the 49L topcase, so figure another $800. The deciding factor was picking the bike up. I don't have a trailer and I hate flying one way. Otherwise Mike was great to deal with.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ponch said:
Did you deal with Mike Abt? I talked to them before getting the bike I have. I could have had the 2011 outfitted like mine and would have had to pay for the 49L topcase, so figure another $800. The deciding factor was picking the bike up. I don't have a trailer and I hate flying one way. Otherwise Mike was great to deal with.
Yes I did. I bought another bike from him and I think he is really a laid back straight shooter.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Hey Doc, congrats on the new RT, you'll love it! I hope you bought some warm riding gear as well--I just saw your weather on the news!!

·
Registered
287 Posts
FMFDoc said:

George

Does it come with skis?

·
Registered
215 Posts
congradulations!

I bought an 2011 rt in oct. and I really like the bike.
before I bought it I asked alot of questions on this site and I got a lot of help in making my decision to buy.
I've had cruisers and standards before but the rt was such a pleasant surprise. It would be tough to go back

Enjoy your new ride

·
Registered
217 Posts
Congrats George, I also have a polar metalic coming the end of February. Like the color and it is going to be farkled to death!! Enjoy the ride....Best, Bob

1 - 11 of 11 Posts