BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of these forums recommended this filter to replace the original one from bmw.I got one but am reluctant to use it as it looks different inside. The original one has what looks to be a baffle just below the center threaded section and the 72161 does not. Has anyone usrd this filter on an LT.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Yes ....I have used them for about 85000 miles so far with no problems. I buy them in bulk from www.rockauto.com for normally about $3.69 each. I usually buy at least a dozen since they fit my Toyota Tundra.

They are a tad longer than the BMW filter but this is not an issue.

Ron

·
Registered
344 Posts
kellenbenz said:
Yes ....I have used them for about 85000 miles so far with no problems. I buy them in bulk from www.rockauto.com for normally about $3.69 each. I usually buy at least a dozen since they fit my Toyota Tundra.

They are a tad longer than the BMW filter but this is not an issue.

Ron
Are the filters different for an 06? When I went to the site it did not show a listing for an 06, or a filter.

I have heard that any filter will work so long as it seats properly and does not interfere with enabling proper removal but I am not sure it is worth risking it for the sake of a few dollars. It comes down to peace of mind.

Just my $.02.

Mauro

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
mr1150gs said:
Are the filters different for an 06? When I went to the site it did not show a listing for an 06, or a filter.

I have heard that any filter will work so long as it seats properly and does not interfere with enabling proper removal but I am not sure it is worth risking it for the sake of a few dollars. It comes down to peace of mind.

Just my $.02.

Mauro
The site won't specify the application for the LT. Search it by the Bosch 72161 part number to order them. There was no change to the filter in 06. These are the same filters sold by Beemer boneyard.

Of course, do what you think is best.

Ron

1 - 6 of 6 Posts