BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

Borrow / Rent special tools for clutch replacement???

3K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  jzeiler 
#1 ·
Hello Everyone,

Well, my 02 clutch started slipping at the end of the season so, I thought for my birthday, I would buy myself all of the component parts to do the job. I have my trusty Clymer manual and am almost ready to go. I did see some great information on here in regards to replacing the clutch, as well as a few special tools that it requires to complete. Is there anyone out there willing to help me out? I would like to complete the job over a two weekend period.

BTW, I live just south of Atlanta,

Any help would be appreciated.

Brian

#2 ·
I am in the middle of a clutch job myself. Touring Sport BMW in Greenville, SC has been a good place to order parts from. They recently gave me a 10% discount. I don't have the 30mm socket with the hole in it. I have the craftsman 30mm socket but it appears to short to make a hole in it. Saw a longer one at autozone for $13. Thinking about buying it and making my own. If I do I'll send it to you.

What other tools are you looking for?

#3 ·
carsonw42 said:
I am in the middle of a clutch job myself. Touring Sport BMW in Greenville, SC has been a good place to order parts from. They recently gave me a 10% discount. I don't have the 30mm socket with the hole in it. I have the craftsman 30mm socket but it appears to short to make a hole in it. Saw a longer one at autozone for $13. Thinking about buying it and making my own. If I do I'll send it to you.

Just beware--many on this forum have broke this socket...cheap may not be the way to go. Just my two cents...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.