BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

Well, my 02 clutch started slipping at the end of the season so, I thought for my birthday, I would buy myself all of the component parts to do the job. I have my trusty Clymer manual and am almost ready to go. I did see some great information on here in regards to replacing the clutch, as well as a few special tools that it requires to complete. Is there anyone out there willing to help me out? I would like to complete the job over a two weekend period.

BTW, I live just south of Atlanta,

Any help would be appreciated.

Brian

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am in the middle of a clutch job myself. Touring Sport BMW in Greenville, SC has been a good place to order parts from. They recently gave me a 10% discount. I don't have the 30mm socket with the hole in it. I have the craftsman 30mm socket but it appears to short to make a hole in it. Saw a longer one at autozone for $13. Thinking about buying it and making my own. If I do I'll send it to you.

What other tools are you looking for?

·
Registered
929 Posts
carsonw42 said:
I am in the middle of a clutch job myself. Touring Sport BMW in Greenville, SC has been a good place to order parts from. They recently gave me a 10% discount. I don't have the 30mm socket with the hole in it. I have the craftsman 30mm socket but it appears to short to make a hole in it. Saw a longer one at autozone for $13. Thinking about buying it and making my own. If I do I'll send it to you.

Just beware--many on this forum have broke this socket...cheap may not be the way to go. Just my two cents...

·
Registered
86 Posts
wrmoss said:
Just beware--many on this forum have broke this socket...cheap may not be the way to go. Just my two cents...
Make one out of an impact socket, ya know one made for air tools. If you break one of those your tougher than I. :)

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Paughco has these tools to lend out. :wave

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Send me your address and I will send you my socket. I only ask that you send it back.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,934 Posts
Brian Borrowed my tools and already did his clutch job back in March.

But thanks for offering.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts