BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drove my bike back from storage(at my cabin) Saturday,160 miles, windy and 40 deg.

This time I used my snowmoble boots instead of my bike boot, they are a little looser, but lots warmer and the bottom, I think, had better grips. I think they would be better in the rain also. Shifting wasn't a problem.

Used them again on Sunday for a ride. Don't drive the bike to work today as it is snowing (I would have the right boots for the snow).

Why isn't this a good idea?? The boot seem to work OK.

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
Are they leather?
Do they have protection?
Will they melt during a slide?
Loose could mean they will come off in a smash - not good to be bare footed when sliding!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
good point, I did hit a deer (or the deer hit me) at about 60 mph and I shedded my pants and coat, badly scratch my helmet but my boots got very little damage and still use sometimes.

I do like warm feet.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Get some electric socks, but keep your protectice boots.

·
Premium Member
693 Posts
On the subject of boots...the ones I had 20 years ago no longer fit, why did my feet get bigger, and why am I shorter than I used to be, the missing parts of my spine must have gone to my feet. Anyway, just wanted some recommendations on types and/or brands of boots people recommend. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
3,549 Posts
Because our feet, ears and nose don't stop growing.
Bob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts