BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

Bobs in Maryland will have GTL demo this weekend

3K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  MatsB 
#1 ·
Bobs BMW announced today they will have a GTL at the dealership this Friday and Saturday. Bike is being shown at an open house pre party on Friday at 7:00 advance $20.00 ticket required.

Saturday will offer a limited amount of demo rides for pre order customers.

Others will be allowed a demo at a later date....(I'm an other). Couldn't tell if the bike would remain there permanently as a demo or not.

Alan

#3 ·
For $20, I'm guessing you get to keep the 3-D glasses! :histerica

#6 ·
cliffy109 said:
Yeah, I looked it up on his site too. They are serving beer and wine... at an event with riders. Ummmm... OK.

Your responses indicate to me that you have a bone to pick with this dealer. I purchased my LT a few years there and as far as I'm concerned they have treated me well, can only speak for myself.

My motive was not to promote the dealer, their methodologies or practices.

My only intent was to inform someone in the area that may not have heard a GTL would be there an opportunity to see one if they wanted....oh well..internet lesson learned.

#7 ·
alanforn said:
Your responses indicate to me that you have a bone to pick with this dealer. .
Alan , I don't think cliffy109 has a bone to pick with the dealer per say, but the fact that they are providing beer & wine to people that will be riding a bike later to get home may not be in the best of judgment & I agree that is not a good thing (in my opinion). I do not drink & have not for over 18 years but a grown up person can make there own decision. I just feel the dealer is using poor judgment.

#11 ·
I get to ride a GTL tomorrow at Northern Colorado BMW. I sat on it today and although I am 6 1 it is to low but comfortable . It feels like you are in the bike and not perched on top.

#12 ·
Remember that there are four seat-height options for the K16 bikes. I believe the GTL comes standard with the ultra-low seat, which may not be the best choice for taller riders.

#13 ·
meese said:
Remember that there are four seat-height options for the K16 bikes. I believe the GTL comes standard with the ultra-low seat, which may not be the best choice for taller riders.
It was nice to be able to plant both feet flat on the ground for the first time in 6 years but.... The low seat was a little cramped & I only have a 29 inch inseam. I will know if the low seat will work after I ride the bike today. If not I will get a taller seat and just tippy toe as I have done for 60K plus miles or I will try my Peg lowering kit on the GTL

#14 ·
meese said:
The one that I ordered has a higher seat. I also checked into the GT seats but if you are paying the amount of money that BMW wants You should just get a good aftermarket seat.

#15 ·
iride4u said:
The one that I ordered has a higher seat. I also checked into the GT seats but if you are paying the amount of money that BMW wants You should just get a good aftermarket seat.
I just got back from having a look at my dealer's demo. GTL with the low seat.

Definitely too low for me (I'm 6' even, 33" inseam). I ordered the "high" seat for the GTL, but I wish they would have let us order the GT's high seat, I'd have gone that route.

Really cool to finally see this beast in person - he started it up for me and the exhaust note is intoxicating, the sound bites we've heard just don't do it justice IMHO.

#16 · (Edited)
Raaze12 is right on the spot regarding the sound. I have had my 1600GT for a week now and can confirm that most of the sound recordings available so far do not give any justice to the real thing.
I am a tall guy and on my previous K1200GT I lowered the footrests using an excellent add-on from German MV. They will have the same for the 1600 so I will order a pair once they can ship them because even when using the high seat location it will be more comfortable with somewhat lower foortrests.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.