BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,
I'm new to BMW ownership and this forum. After riding Hondas for twenty years, a Super Black Bird for the last fifteen, I decided to get a GTL. I was waiting for Honda to replace the discontinued Black Bird but it never happened. I must say that I am warming up to the K. I wanted a sport bike with comfort and touring capability and no matter what the magazines say my CBR1100XX was not all day comfortable.

I have to admit that no one in my circle rides a BMW. Jaws drop when my extended riding family sees it for the first time. Where I'm from, everyone has either a Hyabusa (or GSXR, R1 etc.) or a HD Road/ Street Glide, period. I often get asked "why" in a tone as though something went wrong in my thinking. I assure you that my thinking is the same as always; I want top of the line performance in power, braking, cornering and now comfort. Ladies and gentlemen of the St. Louis region allow me to introduce to you, the BMW motorcyle!!!

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,602 Posts
Welcome & congrats on the new bike.
Also take a look over on the K1600Forum
Same folks own both this & that site plus there is a lot more info on the K16 over there.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts