BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just recently moved from Las Vegas (great BMW dealer there) to near Fort Worth. Hard to find a BMW motorcycle, let alone a dealer! Anyone know of a good wrench in the Fort Worth-Dallas area? Slipping clutch, throwing oil. 2000 LT Trike.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hurst Blvd (Hwy 10 & 121). Just google them. Talk to Kelly in service and Garrett in parts.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you! The Hurst shop is closest to my home. I will give them a try!!

Be safe! :wave

·
Registered
136 Posts
Has the Hurst location finally been able to keep good help on the counter and in the back since they sold?
When I bought my LT there was a new wrench and new parts guy every couple weeks.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Has the Hurst location finally been able to keep good help on the counter and in the back since they sold?
When I bought my LT there was a new wrench and new parts guy every couple weeks.
Don't know how long ago your talking about, but check with Garrett, younger kid who is very bright, resourceful and courteous.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Bought mine 10/14/11.

Front of the house was a great experience. Always has been even today.
I just kept meeting the new parts guy and the mechanics changed every month or so.
When they combined the mechanics shops from the metric house next door it seemed to have deteriorated.

How long has your guy been there?

·
Registered
231 Posts
An alternative independent now, is Perry's of Fort Worth. He used to have the franchise in Fort Worth before the current folks. Nice guy with great stories to tell but I can't speak to his knowledge on the LT, but I would suspect he could help you out. 817.877.5900

·
Registered
88 Posts
Bought mine 10/14/11.

Front of the house was a great experience. Always has been even today.
I just kept meeting the new parts guy and the mechanics changed every month or so.
When they combined the mechanics shops from the metric house next door it seemed to have deteriorated.

How long has your guy been there?
Well, he's the parts guy. If your talking mechanic they been helpful, although haven't met one that seemed like an elite beemer fanatic. Very nice fellas to me anyway, and eager to try and help.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, I got the trike back today after nearly a month. Radiator fans run all the time from key on. Should not. Called them today, advisor said "we didn't work in that area", technician is off today and tomorrow, call on Monday. Uh-Oh!! Also, I asked for engine lube service and they included plugs. Now hard to start, gasps for first 30 seconds. We shal see how they respond to this.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,171 Posts
They had to undo connectors in the area of the temp sensor on the head may have left it off see your other post for details.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Well, I got the trike back today after nearly a month. Radiator fans run all the time from key on. Should not. Called them today, advisor said "we didn't work in that area", technician is off today and tomorrow, call on Monday. Uh-Oh!! .
I call "BS" on that one:wack:

·
Registered
185 Posts
The "stealership" in Plano will give u a parts quote by phone, then double it or mark it up when u go to get it. Can't say much about their service dept. because I do my own wrenching. The staff seemed okay but I'll never go back. Hope ur trike gets fixed right.

·
Registered
231 Posts
The "stealership" in Plano will give u a parts quote by phone, then double it or mark it up when u go to get it. Can't say much about their service dept. because I do my own wrenching. The staff seemed okay but I'll never go back. Hope ur trike gets fixed right.
I never had an issue with the Plano folks but I an understand your frustration if they did that to me. I had all fluids changed on the bike about a month ago before heading to Alaska and the bill was around $360.00. Not bad considering it was engine, rear drive, transmission and brake fluids done. Like most places it is a crap shoot.

But I did have a great experience getting a rear tire put on in Denver at BMW of Denver. Was on my way home from AK and they squeezed me in on a Friday afternoon and even washed the bike for me with all that grime on it. Great store with a lot of accessories and apparel like I had never seen and all dedicated to BMW.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Plano seems to have their system set to start out with a price over what shows as MSRP. If you balk they will usually match what other dealers advertise on the web.

Parts seems to be a revolving door and they totally screwed up a recent order. IN their defense, they did make it right for me (refunded my money). Sourced the parts elsewhere after getting multiple conflicting stories.

That said, nice folks. Just have a lot going on right now with new staff and a major expansion.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts