BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,973 Posts
Dan,

"BERLIN — Bayerische Motoren Werke, the world’s largest maker of luxury vehicles, reported sharply higher profit Thursday for 2011, buoyed by demand for the X3 sport-utility vehicle. "

The MSRP of the X3 was $37,625 in 2011.

I"m sure they punch out many more SUV's than their entire motorcycle inventory. However, the good news is that the company is very solvent and can support the Beemer demand even though, like there auto offerings, they are classified as luxury items.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
PMitchell said:
Dan,

The MSRP of the X3 was $37,625 in 2011.
This is interesting. Using the NADA online price guide the MSRP for a new 2011 X3 is exactly as you say, $37,625. But then, I queried the price for a used 2011 with no options
( http://www.nadaguides.com/Cars/2011/BMW/X3-I6/Utility-4D-28I-AWD/Standard-Equipment ) and it says the Clean Retail, w/o sun roof, is $42,825 . WOW! That's a 13% increase in value in one year or less. Think I'll cash in my 401K and run out and buy a bunch of X3's! Wish my '05 Lt had similar performance! What am I missing? (I mean other than a few brain cells!:))

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.