BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
The first one I had leaked and left me with a wet left butt cheek after a short period of gentle rain BMW replaced it and that also leaked in the same place. In the end, I received a full refund.

I placed an order with Aerostich this afternoon.

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
I recently purchased the Olympia Motosports Phantom riding suit.

Simply, an excellent piece of kit. It does not leak, is comfortable to wear both over street clothes and by itself and possesses excellent ventilation.

Cheers

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nil_Time said:

Simply, an excellent piece of kit. It does not leak, is comfortable to wear both over street clothes and by itself and possesses excellent ventilation.

Cheers
Hey Tony,

Thank you, I took a look to the Phantom and I really like it. I looks good and the price is great too. I think that I will get it

Thanks again

·
Premium Member
4,879 Posts
Nil_Time said:

Cheers
Just an FYI on the Olympia pants - I've had a pair (not the complete suit) and can't say anything bad about it except for the fact that the bottom of the legs zip off to make shorts. I never use this feature and would not order it again. This is not a problem with the pants, just a personal preference. I've had them for years, washed them numerous times and they still look new. I would not hesitate to buy from them again.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I purchased ($$$$$) the one piece Stitch about 2 years ago(riding about 20K/year) and it has not failed me in any way. Should have bought it years ago. Their custom tailoring process is great! I wished they made one with built in "Gerbings"
:wave :wave :wave

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
shuster said:
I purchased ($$$$$) the one piece Stitch about 2 years ago(riding about 20K/year) and it has not failed me in any way. Should have bought it years ago. Their custom tailoring process is great! I wished they made one with built in "Gerbings"

Nice, Gerbings built in? Sounds great to me!

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I don't like one-piece suits. I prefer to be able to layer, mix and match to suit each ride's conditions. It's more work, but you're not stuck with the choice of baking in the 70-degree afternoon or freezing in the 35-degree morning. This can be a major issue if you are riding a couple of hundred miles, over mountains and through valleys.

·
Registered
737 Posts
shuster said:
Only too happy to help:
http://gerbing.com/Products/outerwear.php

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Solo6 said:
I don't like one-piece suits. I prefer to be able to layer, mix and match to suit each ride's conditions. It's more work, but you're not stuck with the choice of baking in the 70-degree afternoon or freezing in the 35-degree morning. This can be a major issue if you are riding a couple of hundred miles, over mountains and through valleys.

You made a good point!

·
Registered
717 Posts
I do like the BMW suit, its comfortable and looks good, IMO. I'm 6'0" tall. If you are any taller you will need a "tall" size. The only thing, if I stop at a restaurant and its warm or a humid day, I have to sit there with the top part "off" and it looks a bit sloppy. The solution is to always wear shorts underneath and remove the suit completely.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Got one for my wife and she survived bone dry during a week touring France in torrential rain. She prefers it to the two piece.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts