BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the bmw dealer here is also the harley dealer. they say that the harley oil meets the same specs as the bmw oil and use it in all their bmw servicing.are they right? thanks

·
Registered
236 Posts
Hi Dave, We have one here in CT. Gengras Motors. HD, BMW, Ducati and maybe another although each has it's own showroom and service dept.

DaveDragon said:
Please fill out your profile information so that we may all know whom we are conversing with.

I've never seen a BMW/HD Dealer, where are you located?

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
DaveDragon said:
Please fill out your profile information so that we may all know whom we are conversing with.

I've never seen a BMW/HD Dealer, where are you located?
It is an aka for Tim V. he is going to answer to himself in a minute...something about a "White Paper" :histerica :rotf:

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
check your manual for the type of oil and grade to use, if its the same specification then it is ok, also use the search feature there are plenty of threads on oil which will help you out, lots of people use different oils for their own reasons, operating temps etc. good luck

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
If you're talking about Syn3, I'd recommend NOT using it, except, perhaps, for lubing up the White Paper prior to shoving it up someone's a$$. My other bike's a Harley, and I would never consider it's use.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts