BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Bouncer
9,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was a rumor regarding BMW of Ft Worth circulating around Bike Night at the Goose tonight. The rumor is that the owner of the BMW of North Houston (Woodlands) dealer has purchased BMW of Ft Worth from American Powersports, Inc., and will be moving to a new facility in Grapevine.

Has anyone else heard this?

·
Registered
888 Posts
I noticed in one of the bike mags, I think it was Ride Texas, that in a BMW ad they listed all the dealers in Texas except Ft.Worth.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Would Grapevine be within the 19 mile limit? That is, 19 miles from BMW North Dallas (as the crow flys).

·
Registered
221 Posts
It would be nice to see a purpose built facility like the one down in the Woodlands. I haven't had the opportunity to stop in yet, (when I'm in Houston I'm always seem to be late for something)but I have looked at the floor plans on their website and it looks to me like they're selling motorcycling and not just motorcycles. The Ft Worth shop has always seemed over crowded with limited seating (for waiting on service) and that intersection is hazardous. Some nice folks in there, although I do miss Gregg, he is a great parts guy.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I also heard they were importing Pecker Gnat's from Ark, and plan on selling them at the Grapevine location ?

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Rumor????

Just finished talking on the phone with Brian Creighton, GM of BMW Motorcycles of North Houston. He has indicated that there is nothing to the rumor. That his focus currently is on opening a new facility in SW Houston. He did indicate that he has heard some of the same rumors and at this time it's just that "Rumors". He did say that he does have an interest in possibly doing something in the DFW area at a later time. But nothing now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts