BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow members.

I had ordered a new 2012 RT through my local dealer who doesn't stock this bike. Bottom line, it appears "the system" is likely in transition between model years and it is believed unlikely the order will materialize.

After reviewing the "vehicle locator" we were able to find several Fluid Gray Metallic bikes that reflected "In Transit", meaning they are likely over the Atlantic. Although my option requirements are different from all, that is a mute point at the moment. My dealer indicated that it is possible to coordinate with the ordering dealer to get the en route bike sent to Honolulu vs. the original destination. I would imagine this needs to occur prior to the bike being distributed once it arrives CONUS.

There appears to be two bikes that meet my requirements heading to the Escondido store. What are the experiences working with this dealer? Any recommendations? Does anyone have a solid contact at the store...perhaps with the sales management staff?

Any help will be tremendously appreciated.

Thank you.

Scot

·
Registered
323 Posts
I know all the guys at BMW in Escondido including the owner, administrative staff, salesmen, parts guys and mechanics. All good guys and all good to work with.

Give them a call and ask for Phil. He's one of their sales guys and a former MX racer.

Good luck.

Mark

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kornholio said:
Have you looked at BMW of San Diego? They've always got a few there.
My local dealer was able to provide me with the list of inventory across the U.S. This included any bike that had been ordered by each dealer as well. I did purchase the bike I saw that was incoming to Escondido. At the time I identified the bike that was in the "system" it had just arrived at the port in New Jersey. I believe the dealer is expecting it to arrive at their store this week and it should be on the ship to Hawaii next week.

I should have provided an update sooner, my apologies.

Thank you for looking out. I will report back once the bike has arrived.

Aloha.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I realize how us forum members really like pictures...here are a few of my bike getting ready to be shipped by the dealer. Ships this Friday and I will finally receive two weeks later, 6 July. Can hardly wait.

Okay, I understand this is just another stock "rare" grey 2012 RT but these pictures mean more to me since this is MY bike. I am sure most of you can understand.

Attachments

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alaskan said:
Oh ya...very nice. I am sure the wait is killing you!! Enjoy your new bike....it won't be long now!!

Alaskan
Thanks. I must be getting old. As recent as 5-10 years ago I would have never had the patience to wait for a bike...or anything else for that matter. ;)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Scot -

Your gonna LUV the RT - especially going around the north shore and Kaena Point
however having driven in Hawaii (where they put Interstate highways on top of Interstate Highways) please be careful! Honolulu it's the only place that has traffic worse than
New York and LA combined!!!

After you pick up your RT at the port run by "Rob's Drive-in" and get a Plate
Lunch for me.... I'm sure you've be tempted to"cut" traffic between lanes as you cruise down Kam Hwy towards Diamond Head watch for old gray headed "cue-tips"

Enjoy - send photos with the blue Pacific in your background!

Chilly

·
Registered
391 Posts
Liv2Ride said:
I realize how us forum members really like pictures...here are a few of my bike getting ready to be shipped by the dealer. Ships this Friday and I will finally receive two weeks later, 6 July. Can hardly wait.

Okay, I understand this is just another stock "rare" grey 2012 RT but these pictures mean more to me since this is MY bike. I am sure most of you can understand.
Hey Scot.......
About time! Congrats and enjoy, many safe happy miles.
BTW, the route you and I took for our ride is "enjoying" temperatures from 108f and higher. Oh yeah, the Mongols MC will be in Boulder City this weekend......no Coffee Cup for me this week!
Be safe out there,
Dave

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
heavynikonf3 said:
Hey Scot.......
About time! Congrats and enjoy, many safe happy miles.
BTW, the route you and I took for our ride is "enjoying" temperatures from 108f and higher. Oh yeah, the Mongols MC will be in Boulder City this weekend......no Coffee Cup for me this week!
Be safe out there,
Dave
Dave,

Thanks. I know, it has taken awhile to act on my intent and I paid for that in waiting longer after the check was written...oh well I will be riding sooner than if I followed through with the order from the local dealer.

Now that is hot :( I sure don't miss those temperatures. Fortunate for you though you can still head north and in no time at all you can be in a cooler climate. Too bad about the Coffee Cup, I will definitely make it back there on our next trip. We plan to return again next year and if we do I will look you up and rent another RT. Perhaps we can do DV on that ride.

Aloha.

Scot

1 - 11 of 11 Posts