BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since the BMW exhibit will not be at all the shows this year and many photos have been posted of the K1600GT/GTL shows at Long Beach, Milan and others, I attempted to get some close up photos of various areas of this new product, that might interest some of you. I'll do this in a few posts, to keep within the 10 max limit.

Hold curser over photo to see my tittle, if you want to see what you are looking at, if it is not obvious.

Attachments

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
wilbar00c said:
Since the BMW exhibit will not be at all the shows this year and many photos have been posted of the K1600GT/GTL shows at Long Beach, Milan and others, I attempted to get some close up photos of various areas of this new product, that might interest some of you. I'll do this in a few posts, to keep within the 10 max limit.
More

Attachments

·
Registered
579 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
wilbar00c said:
A few more.
So far two of the jpg's the system does not like? I modified the titles and the jpgs now viewable.

A few more.

I've posted our LT photo to show how the K1200LT Pillion sits straight up, not leaning as on the GTL, at least while in the show room. As we all say, demo rides required to keep our smiles going strong!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
205 Posts
Thanks for posting. They really need to figure out a better passenger back rest. It looks like they assigned two different guys to design it - one for the top half and one for the bottom half. But before he was done, the guy assigned to the bottom half got sick and died.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I was thinking the same, except that they had different guys on the front and back. A bit like they did with some of their recent cars. Good photos, thanks. Some show quite a few battle scars which surprised me.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
30 inch inseam, Jim.

·
Premium Member
4,879 Posts
Thanks for posting the pictures... I felt like I was looking at my baby!!! Can't wait to see her in real life..

·
Registered
193 Posts
So I stopped in at my dealer to pick up the new US-spec brochure and mentioned that they didn't have the GT at the NY show, and he said he thought that was because they had routed it to the dealer meeting in Las Vegas. Can't confirm or deny, but it makes sense.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Someone said somewhere that it was indeed in Las Vegas. From what I understand, it was supposed to be in NY but they couldn't get it shipped there in time. I could be wrong though.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Got an e-mail from my dealer - the GT was at the dealer show. Gotta' wonder why BMW didn't send more bikes to the US so they at least covered the two shows with both models - or postponed the dealer meeting by a week to avoid inconveniencing potential customers (that went out of their way to visit the NY show, only to discover they only had the GTL).

·
Registered
268 Posts
For the Toronto show, the GT and GTL were both stuck in Customs in Brazil and were not going to arrive for the Canadian premiere in time, so BMW air freighted a GT only. Apparently, there's a limited number of pre-production bikes available.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Went to the NYC Show on Sunday and I have to say that I was somewhat disappointed with the GTL - I guess I just like the old LT more. The styling of the back end with the separate side cases and topcase leaves me with the impression of a RT on steroids and not the complete integrated design of the old LT or a GW.

Glad I got to see one and sit on it. Think I will keep my LT for a while longer.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Really makes me mad that we can not get the black color. I am thinking about buying another set of plastic and painting it black

Milton

·
Registered
530 Posts
1999k1200lt said:
Really makes me mad that we can not get the black color. I am thinking about buying another set of plastic and painting it black

Milton
Who knows maybe in 2013 or 2014 black will be available.

·
IBR# 366
16,552 Posts
iride4u said:
Who knows maybe in 2013 or 2014 black will be available.
I can see that. After all, BMW usually switches to all-black just as they discontinue a model . . . :histerica

1 - 20 of 23 Posts