BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2019 R1250RT
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know when the anticipated release of the next Navigator is? I bought a 2019 RT last year and want to get the Navigator VI but may wait if a new one is expected soon. How often do they typically release a new unit?

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
15,427 Posts
They are not, the Nav will be built into the TFT display.

·
Registered
2019 R1250RT
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would read up on the Nav VI and some of the ongoing issues. I'm personally on my NINTH warranty replacement since 2019. A genuine nightmare
That's really disappointing, I just bought one today. Is everyone having issues or just some people? 9 replacements is absolutely insane :(

·
Registered
2019 R1250RT
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hopefully you've got better luck but here's some light reading for ya. The advrider thread is out at 50+ pages...

Thanks, I googled it after you mentioned and found a ton of problems as well. I could return it but I really wanted to make use of the BMW Nav. Is a previous version like the 4 or 5 any better?

·
Registered
13 Posts
To my knowledge the previous versions are fine but I have no personal experience with them. I had a Garmin 595LM on my 16' 800gsa, as soon as I upgraded bikes and they all have the wonder wheel now I wanted the integration with the bike. It's the only thing that's kept me coming back and trying again. I think the XT is overall a better unit but I like the ability to get the bike's telemetry on the screen.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
15,427 Posts
I bought a used NAV V and it is not as bright as the NAV VI but it was way better than my Zumo 660 and although I don't have a wonder wheel on my bike I do have a BMW cradle and the buttons work. No issues with the NAV V.

Reactions: Audi403

·
Registered
7 Posts
That's really disappointing, I just bought one today. Is everyone having issues or just some people? 9 replacements is absolutely insane :(
I bought the Nav VI when I got my 2019RT. Luckily I have had no issues with my unit. I have updated the software a few times to keep up with the new releases. So far so good.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts