BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an LT with the Navigator installed. I'm removing it to install my 2610 and have two questions:

How does the Navigator voice prompt connect to the BMW radio, it only has a 3 pin connector to the bike? Maybe someone has the manual I can get a copy of?

What do I need to connect the 2610 to the bike?

Thanks!

·
Registered
712 Posts
I can't help with connecting the 2610 to the bike, but on the Navigator III that I have it uses the stock Garmin connection and is routed thorugh the Voice II intercom. That's part of the BMW Navigator prep kit.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine is the original Navigator, not III.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I hooked up my 2610 thru a new BMW Navigator cable. I spent the time to remove the second connector that connects to the additional Navigator buttons, but you can use the cable as is and just tuck the second connector under the mount. It works like a champ, including pumping the voice commands thru the BMW Voice II. Long story, but I have a second new cable at a reduced price if you are interested, just drop me a PM.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine is the original Navigator, no additional buttons. It's the same as the Street Pilot III. Does anyone have a manual for that?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts