BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just installing my Garmin software for my GPS's when the WebUpdater prompted me to look for additional software. I'd updated it a month ago so was surprised to see a BT update & one for my FM traffic module.

Just thought I'd post here to let other's know it is available.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I got the maps update for '09 and installed it last night, and it picked up the bluetooth update along the way. When I started the GPS after installing all the software it went through the "Updating Bluetooth" process, but it keeps getting stuck at 45%. I didn't notice this until I rode in to work this morning, and my ride isn't that long (10 minutes), but it was stuck at 45% the whole way, I had to shut off the GPS before it finished.

Anyone else have trouble with the firmware installation of the bluetooth update?

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've read about some people having problems. Seems they would just power off and restart it one or more times and the update would continue. It may have been related to how old the previous firmware was to begin with. I keep mine up to date and did not have any problems.

·
Registered
333 Posts
ArthurKnowles said:
Seems they would just power off and restart it one or more times and the update would continue.
OK, I'll give it a few more tries. I updated the bluetooth drivers last August when I got the unit (required to connect to my Dianese helmet), but haven't since then. Were there updates between then and now?

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Couldn't say about the update interval as I only started in January, but I don't think I found any messages with someone that could not actually complete the upgrade. Just may take a few tries. Hope yours works out though.

·
Registered
333 Posts
ArthurKnowles said:
...I don't think I found any messages with someone that could not actually complete the upgrade. Just may take a few tries.
Yep, third time was the charm. It only took a couple of minutes once it got past 45%. I had to re-pair all my devices, but everything's working again, color me happy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts