BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BMW Motorcycles of Jacksonville (FL) is at the closest dealer to me (about 2.5 hours away) so it was the best choice to get the work done on the fuel pump recall on the K1600 and other bikes. The recall came out in March or so, and I called to set up an appointment. They were very nice but apologetic that the parts were not available yet. They assured me they would call when they had it in, but to be patient because they were coming in slowly. Apparently V.E.R.Y S.L.O.W.L.Y....

I called back in June and they had not received enough to get me scheduled. I waited a few more months, then reached out to BMW Customer Service to inquire about the delay. They had no additional information, and said all the parts came from the factory and they were in short supply.

Its called a "safety recall", but apparently if its not currently leaking, there is no need to replace it immediately. So I guess we are supposed to wait until it leaks, stop riding and hope for the best while waiting for the part. With a few trips planned, that caused a bit of concern, as I generally do not leave these things to "chance".

Well, I got the call in early November that my part was in. We scheduled a mutually agreeable date and I was pleased they had Saturday appointments. They said the work only took about 1.5 hours, and I could wait. That was ideal due to the distance. They suggested I arrive as soon as they open (9am) and have as little fuel in the tank as possible.

So, on a cold and dark morning, I headed out on the trip. I arrived about 15 minutes before opening time, but they were already there, were waiting for me and were ready to go. They did the pre-work inspection, confirmed what I needed, asked if I needed anything else while I was there, and took the bike back to the shop. They have a decent waiting area with couches, a TV, and coffee! And of course bikes galore to dream about. The wait time went by quickly and I was ready to go in no time.

The staff in service, sales and parts were all great! Very kind, professional and helpful and made sure I had a good experience. Of course it was all covered under warranty, and they explained it all before I left.

Thanks BMW Motorcycles of Jacksonville for the great service!!

Reactions: Patric and dpickens
1 - 1 of 1 Posts