BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I won a subscription at last year's RA Rally.

It's a nice mix of wrenching, touring and an eye on the future. The ads are all for quality gear not cheap pleather ware.

Overall- I rate it higher than Motorcyclist/Rider/Cycle World but a notch ON/RoadRunner.

I think it has potential to be as good but with it being publish quarterly versus monthly, I just haven't had the chance to get accustomed to it yet.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
+1 on above. AND Deb is back!!! WooHoo!!

·
Registered
197 Posts
I subscribe. It is a good magazine, articles are well thought out and well written. For the moment it seems that the publisher has lots of material to work with. It will be interesting to see if that continues. Try it out, I think you will agree.

·
Registered
53 Posts
It's a high quality magazine with a variety of articles on the new stuff as well as some articles on older, vintage, and project bikes. I've received 2 issues so far and I look forward to the next issue. I think it's worth it.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Another +1!

The new U.S. editor is Sandy Cohen, the former BMWMOA Owner's News editor who brought the ON up massively in quality and content over several years (before she was unceremoniously dumped after some "change in direction" at the BoD -- I don't know any of the details, but it sure smelled of some ugly power trip/clash that caught Sandy by surprise; it was quick and her last editorial was -- while professional -- not pretty if you could read between the lines).

I was *hugely* happy to see her hired by BMW Mag. This was originally a high-quality German quarterly. It made some initial efforts to expand in to the U.S., relying on the German content and German-English translation (not always "spot on," but serviceable). Since Sandy has come on board, the copy is clearly well edited, the content is expanding, and she's apparently aiming to increase the frequency of issues.

A must have if you have interest in the marque.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts