BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I show you a pic of the current repaint of my LT. I would like to know. What do yall think BMW motorsports / Motorrad would do with the LT?
What sort of "special edition" would they come up with?

Yes that is a clue what direction I'm goin.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My inspiration came from the S1000RR. Then I saw a white, blue and red 16GLT on killboy.
I'm still workin on it, but this is where I am so far.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
335 Posts
jwacree said:
My inspiration came from the S1000RR. Then I saw a white, blue and red 16GLT on killboy.
I'm still workin on it, but this is where I am so far.
I am liking it. I always wondered if the custom paint bug would bite in the LT community like it always has among HD enthusiasts. You may be starting something. But for me and mine, the darn thing looks so good in the OEM paint that I can't get there yet.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
323 Posts
Nice, I can't remember where, but I saw a contest the other day where they were giving away a K1600 GTL in big Blue and white checker board, looked like they took a single giant propeller log and draped it over the bikes body very cool. Between this and the work L_Rudy did on his accents I may get an idea to do something to my own.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,334 Posts
I like it! Did you take the paniers off to paint them? I've been toying in my mind of painting mine. Oh, and are the wheels painted or powder coated? :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
185 Posts
VERY COOL, Johnny. I like
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,231 Posts
Of course, now you'll have to go do track days with it.... :D :bmw:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Razmataz said:
I like it! Did you take the paniers off to paint them? I've been toying in my mind of painting mine. Oh, and are the wheels painted or powder coated? :)
Yes, I did take off all the plastic. I painted everything white then hung the plastic back on the bike to layout and paint the striping. Then took it all back off and cleared coated.

The wheels are just painted with singel stage urethane.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
tips727 said:
I am liking it. I always wondered if the custom paint bug would bite in the LT community like it always has among HD enthusiasts. You may be starting something. But for me and mine, the darn thing looks so good in the OEM paint that I can't get there yet.
BMW OEM paint is hard to beat. But this was a wrecked bike. I was goin to have to paint it any way. I say why not have fun with it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top