BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick survey to see who is planning on the Sedalia rally. I have not attended any rallies to date, and can not make the CCR in Duluth. I'm sure there are lots here going...any Camping advice for a newbie. ( Go ahead and toss, throw or hurl whatever comments you like, I got thick skin! and a sense of humor).

:yeah: :yeah:

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
ColoradoGrant said:
Quick survey to see who is planning on the Sedalia rally. I have not attended any rallies to date, and can not make the CCR in Duluth. I'm sure there are lots here going...any Camping advice for a newbie. ( Go ahead and toss, throw or hurl whatever comments you like, I got thick skin! and a sense of humor).

:yeah: :yeah:

I've been to seven nationals. I have enjoyed them all immensley. You will have a great time, just have an open mind and prepare to party! My camping now consists of a Bunkhouse trailer and all the comforts of home including A/C. I will see you there. Look me up, I'm in the Houston club and host a group cookout during the rally. I will be on a K1200LT and the wife wil be on a R110RSL. See you there!
Robert

·
Premium Member
2,954 Posts
Bkrnrd said:
I'm a newbie going on my first one and camping the nice cool temps.
Dreamer . . . :histerica

·
Registered
929 Posts
I had made reservations at Holiday Inn Express 40 miles away--it was to be our first Rally. I was looking forward to it...then my supervisor announced we would have to work that week, apparently a mix-up on the dates. I was not very happy. :cussing: So, I will not be going. :(

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
Howdy,
I hope to be there (Sedalia) on thursday. Never been to this event before but have attended one CCR which was great.
Gotta family reunion that weekend so can't stay more than the one day.

I'm paid as I intend to win a new bike. LOL as I bought a ticket. You only need one ticket to win, RIGHT???.AND I've never won the LOTTO either.

Oh well....................I sure enjoy this LT I have. That's really good enough for me. YeeHaa! :bmw:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Headed to my first this year also. I had plans to just camp a few days (pack the sleep tablets to get through the hot nights) and have a good ole time. Now, my wife says she want to come with me so I am not sure whats going on. I know I have tickets so I know I will go, just don't know where i will stay and how good of a time I will have. :D

·
Registered
637 Posts
I've been to a CCR rally (Grand Tetons some years ago). This will be my first BWM MOA national. It will be about 7000 miles RT for me, plus any side riding. I'm planning on stopping at the Calgary Stampede on the way, which happens the week before BWM national.

·
Registered
637 Posts
And I'd really appreciate it if you guys would let me win the GS or GS Adventure.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,412 Posts
Looks like my back is doing better so I bought my Raffle ticket, registered, and booked my Mayberry Sherpa tent. Sedalia here I come!!! Just gotta decide on the LT or the GS Hmmm...

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,412 Posts
ColoradoGrant said:
Come on guys, you never fail to chime in...let's hear it!
I will see you there. I have done both the Mayberry Sherpa and carried my own tent. This year I am doing the Sherpa deal again this as my recent back issue makes me not want to go through setting up a tent and breaking it down. Plus they usually have a good location.

The year I carried a tent I jumped on a location near the porta poties, big mistake. Convienient when you gotta go but doors slamming all hours and the ripe smell a few days into the rally made me wish I was else where.

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
That sounds like good advice! This will be my first MOA rally. I have been to all the CCRs since Grand Tetons. My expectations are low, but three days in a tent will be an experience.

·
Super Moderator
1,409 Posts
Will be attending and not using the Sherpa tent services as I will be trying out my new
Kelty Gunnison 3.1 tent and air mattress - and thanks John for the reminder not so get to
close to the waste disposal sites.

In reading the Rally FAQ's it appears there will be a ton of camping space - now all I need
is a guarantee that the late July temps will be kind to us and not like Bloomsburg!

My trip will be short as my boss decided to visit our office on Thursday and Friday - will try
to land on the site in the evening on Friday.

This is the first time attending where I do not need to buy anything other than a Rally T Shirt . . . :D

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,412 Posts
dfinazzo said:
Will be attending and not using the Sherpa tent services as I will be trying out my new
Kelty Gunnison 3.1 tent and air mattress - and thanks John for the reminder not so get to
close to the waste disposal sites.

In reading the Rally FAQ's it appears there will be a ton of camping space - now all I need
is a guarantee that the late July temps will be kind to us and not like Bloomsburg!

My trip will be short as my boss decided to visit our office on Thursday and Friday - will try
to land on the site in the evening on Friday.

This is the first time attending where I do not need to buy anything other than a Rally T Shirt . . . :D
Come on down by the Sherpa area. It looks to be close to showers and potty (indoors). I'll be there Friday morning.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Sedalia forecast:
Wednesday - 103
Thursday - 96
Friday - 98
Saturday - 100

YIKES!

·
Premium Member
2,954 Posts

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,412 Posts
That is quite different from Weather.com

Wed 104
Thurs 96
Fri 99
Sat 97
Sun 98

Just a wee bit cooler but still Haaught!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts