BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had a beautiful day here in the Houston area today and the wife and I spent the day on our 08 LT. Wow what a pleasure it is to ride. I will be honest though I had some second thoughts about leaving HD after reading failure stories on this forum. I have a little over 1200 miles now and I have to say the LT beats HD hands down even with what ever failures come along. Man an I pleased with my new bike!
Charlie

·
Registered
226 Posts
ccritt13 said:
We had a beautiful day here in the Houston area today and the wife and I spent the day on our 08 LT. Wow what a pleasure it is to ride. I will be honest though I had some second thoughts about leaving HD after reading failure stories on this forum. I have a little over 1200 miles now and I have to say the LT beats HD hands down even with what ever failures come along. Man an I pleased with my new bike!
Charlie
You've got a minimum of 3 years of worry-free riding. Forget failures for the next 36 months - longer if you get an extended warranty.

Congratulations - and GOOD LUCK!!!!!

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
I still have my '07 Deuce, and I love it, but did 500 miles yesterday on my 'new to me' LT. Had plenty of reservations also, especially with low speed handling and all the dragging and scraping I did on my first 100 mile ride. The folks here guided me through recharging my rear shock, I put a new front tire on, and all I can say is WOW!!!
Took it out today just to warm it up for tranny and FD oil change, and sort of ran into another fella on a crotch rocket. I pulled out behind him, dogged his butt through an S turn, then passed him. He kicked it up a notch and the testosterone began to flow. Went through a series of 4, 90 degree, 30 MPH curves, and he got his butt handed to him! Nothing this big and comfortable should be so nimble!!! Unbelievable. I just can't believe that no one here ever called me to tell me what I was missing out on :rotf:

·
Registered
370 Posts
[B]"...I just can't believe that no one here ever called my to tell me what I was missing out on "[/B]

We called...line was busy.

Rode ours today. 48 degrees when we left, 69 on the way home. Jimmy Buffett and the LT seem to be a match made in M/C heaven.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi Charlie,
Have the same thoughts about my 08 LT...hopefully our FD's will hoild up!! I have about 1300 on mine and absolutely love it. I kept my ol 85 GW, and still ride this occasionally but it's no comparison. I live northwest of DFW, give me a shout when your heading this way, and maybe we'll do a ride!!
Later,
Michael

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,601 Posts
j7mikae7 said:
Hi Charlie,
Have the same thoughts about my 08 LT...hopefully our FD's will hoild up!! I have about 1300 on mine and absolutely love it. I kept my ol 85 GW, and still ride this occasionally but it's no comparison. I live northwest of DFW, give me a shout when your heading this way, and maybe we'll do a ride!!
Later,
Michael
Michael and Charlie y'all need to head for Austin this Saturday the 23rd. A bunch of us from all over the state are meetin for lunch.
Info here----->http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32430

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thanks for the offer... sounds like fun but I can't this weekend...So many honey do's, so little time. Defnitely give me a raincheck!!
Michael

·
Registered
332 Posts
ccritt13 said:
I had some second thoughts about leaving HD after reading failure stories on this forum. I have a little over 1200 miles now and I have to say the LT beats HD hands down even with what ever failures come along. Man an I pleased with my new bike!
Charlie

Don't give the potential of a FD failure a second thought. IF it does happen, the technical expertise and experience of many forum members will guide you through the repair process. You do not have to shell out $900 - $1000 for a drive unit from BMW. The actual cost of the parts to rebuild the drive is about $170....not a big deal. Ride and enjoy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts