BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Re: BMW K1200LT vs K1200LTC

The C stands for chrome! Chrome mirrors, chrome footpeg mounting plates, chrome strips on the saddlebags.

·
Registered
14 Posts

I believe in Canada the standard LT is a LTC every where else.This is an angle that a lot of manufactures use to argue the price differences between Canada and USA,by saying they offer more on the standard canadian model.There is currently a 3000 dollar difference.Exspensive chrome!

·
Registered
14 Posts

Actually,I just checked the US web site and the chrome package is included now with the US standard model unless there is extra chrome you can add I am not aware of.But there still is an extra 3000 dollar difference for a canadian purchase.Almost a 15% difference.There is some additional costs operating in Canada but more lke a 5 to 10% diffeence max. :(

·
Registered
4,905 Posts

joevano said:
The C stands for chrome! Chrome mirrors, chrome footpeg mounting plates, chrome strips on the saddlebags.
ta-kid said:
Exspensive chrome!
And most importantly . . . CRAPPY CHROME! First, let me say that I HATE chrome. But if you're going to have it, it might-as-well be QUALITY chrome. The LT's chrome isn't chrome at all. It's some kind of silly chrome-esque plastic layer on top of more plastic. And eventually, it will peel off. Or worse, wear through. :eek: :(

That's what I LOVE about my GT. NO CHROME!!! :dance:

·
Registered
1,229 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
yes i can tell you that is no different between the lt and the ltc it is just of the chrome packing in the bike nothing else it is just the chrom nikel.

·
Registered
104 Posts
it is existing just in USA just. in bmw germany they will laugh on it ,believe me i checked it . :bmw:

·
Just ridin'
5,297 Posts
Originally in 1999 there were three K1200LT models. The Standard, the Icon and the Custom. IIRC the Icon added the BC (trip computer), CD changer and heated grips to the standard. The Custom added chrome tipover bars, chrome peg mounts and soft-touch seats to the Icon. At some point in the 1999 model run they added heated seats to the Icon, leaving the soft-touch heated seats for the Custom. The Icon was dropped from the lineup when the Elite appeared in 2002 - after a brief run the Elite was changed to the Exodus due to a legal action from Honda restraining BMW from using the Elite name. The Elite added the topcase rack, the intercom and sometimes the CB and GPS.

The K1200LTI moniker was given to the Icon models, K1200LTC to the Customs and K1200LTE for the Elite or Exodus models.

BMW has played with the model designations and the feature lists each year and for the last two or three there has been one model.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Randy said:
Originally in 1999 there were three K1200LT models. The Standard, the Icon and the Custom. IIRC the Icon added the BC (trip computer), CD changer and heated grips to the standard. The Custom added chrome tipover bars, chrome peg mounts and soft-touch seats to the Icon. At some point in the 1999 model run they added heated seats to the Icon, leaving the soft-touch heated seats for the Custom. The Icon was dropped from the lineup when the Elite appeared in 2002 - after a brief run the Elite was changed to the Exodus due to a legal action from Honda restraining BMW from using the Elite name. The Elite added the topcase rack, the intercom and sometimes the CB and GPS.

The K1200LTI moniker was given to the Icon models, K1200LTC to the Customs and K1200LTE for the Elite or Exodus models.

BMW has played with the model designations and the feature lists each year and for the last two or three there has been one model.

Wish my '99 had the option of heated seats.....

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
When I bought mine, I was told by the dealer that there is a difference in the wiring harness in the base LT package - that is the LTC and the LTE shared the same wiring harness, but not the options (Communications package) but that since it was shared, it would be easy to add things into the LTC down the road if desired but would not be easy on the base model. :confused:

·
Registered
174 Posts
Wish my '99 had the option of heated seats.....
Twice in one week I accidently turned on the heated seats on my '02 and the battery went completely dead overnight.
When I do my 24K and have the stingray off I will rewire them (and the radio) to auxilliary switched.

·
Registered
The Villages, FL
2,592 Posts
Twice in one week I accidently turned on the heated seats on my '02 and the battery went completely dead overnight.
Unless someone did some major rewiring to your bike, your seats should have no power with the key in the off position.

·
Registered
594 Posts
it is existing just in USA just. in bmw germany they will laugh on it ,believe me i checked it . :bmw:
I was just about to make similar comment. Nobody on this side of the big pond have heard of different LT-models. Here you just order (any) BMW with the equipment, auxiliaries, chrome what ever. Bike is then built to that order.

Of course dealers/steelers have some bikes in stock. Those are then equipped with whatever goodies they think will help in selling that specific bike.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts