BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys .
I need replace my heated front seat switch (2005 BMW LT).Does anybody knows a place to buy ? Thank You
:confused:

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Place it on the LEFT side....

n2taq said:
Hi guys .
I need replace my heated front seat switch (2005 BMW LT).Does anybody knows a place to buy ? Thank You
Don't know where you can get the replacement, But when you do, place it on the other (left) side. Much safer to use while riding!

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Just out of curiosity why do you need to replace the switch? If it's missing that's a no brainer, but if it's due to operation of the switch I feel the need to mention that it is a "Center" off type swith. In other words, when you rock it forward it is on Hi, and when you rock it back it is on Low. The only time it is off is when it is in the center position.

I only bring this up because many of us here found that out the hard way. Who reads instructions before riding a Bike anyway? In fact one of our NW members has a favorite tale about how his wife would not quit complaining about how hot the seat was on one of their first summer rides. He told her it was off, only to find out later that it was in the High position!

Just in case,

John
n2taq said:
Hi guys .

·
Premium Member
1,561 Posts
I've got a spare. Same as the heated grip switch.
I was able to fix my old one so if you can find a price we can make a deal.
Part # 61 31 1 459 234

·
Registered
247 Posts
AlaskaFish said:
Just out of curiosity why do you need to replace the switch? If it's missing that's a no brainer, but if it's due to operation of the switch I feel the need to mention that it is a "Center" off type swith. In other words, when you rock it forward it is on Hi, and when you rock it back it is on Low. The only time it is off is when it is in the center position.

I only bring this up because many of us here found that out the hard way. Who reads instructions before riding a Bike anyway? In fact one of our NW members has a favorite tale about how his wife would not quit complaining about how hot the seat was on one of their first summer rides. He told her it was off, only to find out later that it was in the High position!

Just in case,

John
ME TOO! :eek:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Allan if you have a new one(OEM) please tell me how much you are selling for!
Thank you all .

·
Premium Member
1,561 Posts
I do have a new one. OEM, in the package................
It has a picture of the handgrip on it because the switches are both the same, but my dealer ordered this one for me and meantime I fixed the old one........( replaced the spring)........................................................
You'll have to investigate the orientation, low/high, front/rear.
Seems I paid about $37.00 for it..............I know it was way too overpriced so I'm fairly certain that's it................................................................
How about $20 and I'll pay to send it ?
[email protected]

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Switch

Thank you for replay.If you have paypal send me the bill with usps first class is about a $1.00.total $21 .I will be goin over seas for 5 weeks monday if I received the invoce before that ok or I check my email for your contact.
My email is :[email protected]
Thanks again

1 - 9 of 9 Posts