BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BMW has decided to sell the K1600 GT for $37,000 US plus for extras ! More than anywhere else. Are they still upset that we fought with the Poms ??

If you finance this means an even greater layer of pain !

If you are dealer you can't sell as many units !

What a poor act for a company that could be socially responsible !

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Re: BMW hates Austarlian's

I don´t like Austarlian´s much either, but I think Australians are great.

Buy a Triumph instead, made by poms.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Where did you find the pricing? BMW Australia is notoriously bad at customer service, but I'd expect c $37k as a price for the K1600. Even $40k wouldn't have surprised me!

I've just come home from 2 months travelling around the globe, and I hadn't realised how expensive Australia has become. Eating out in Washington DC and NY was actually good value, even cheap by current Sydney/Melbourne prices :rolleyes:

·
Registered
63 Posts

Google helped ;)

The new pairing of the BMW K1600 GT and the K 1600 GTL models are due in Australia within weeks. The touring and luxury-touring motorcycle class will be shaken up when these in-line 6-cylinder power units hit the market for the first time. For decades, 6-cylinder in-line engines have exercised a special fascination. In addition to their smooth running, they also offer top output and torque, giving the rider even more riding pleasure. It is for this reason that BMW Motorrad developed this engine in-house, offering customers even more variety. The new 6-cylinder 1600 cc engine produces 118 kW and 175 Nm of torque; this therefore offers a high level of pulling power, especially in the lower and medium engine speed range. Acceleration to 100 km/h is of the order of 3.2 seconds (without pannier), making the K 1600 a remarkably brisk machine. Optimal handling is assured due to the precise suspension design. Classical BMW virtues such as safety, the fulfilment of the highest environmental standards and ideal ergonomics for both rider and pillion are set to define the new benchmark and thus the leading role in the middleweight class. Early indications are that this innovative, exciting and distinctively styled range of bikes will be eagerly snapped up by customers. Strong interest has been registered by BMW Motorrad dealers across Australia since the new K 1600 range was announced. BMW Motorrad has revealed the pricing for the two models which begin arriving in dealerships in late-May. The BMW K 1600 GT will be priced from $34,990* plus on road costs, and the K 1600 GTL will be priced from $36,990* plus on road costs. Due to historic trends Australian standard specification for both models is very high compared to other markets, making both of the K 1600 models extremely good value.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Heli said:
Google helped ;)
I think $34,999 plus on road equates to about $37,000 , rego and stamps gets it there , with dealer delivery.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: BMW hates Australian's

2011 BMW K1600 GT $37,300*
Ride Away No More to Pay

Motorcycle Details
Bike 2011 BMW K1600 GT
Price $37,300* Ride Away No More to Pay
Odometer 0 Kms
Body Touring
Colour Light Grey, Vermillion Red
Engine Capacity 1649
Rego TBC
RefCode ag-174481
Long Comments
Brisans Motorcycles Newcastle.
2010 National BMW Rural Dealer Of The Year.

Call or email to arrange a test ride or more info on:

0 2 FOUR NINE FIVE TWO SIX THREE FIVE FIVE.
[email protected] com.au

Competitive Finance, Insurance and freight available Australia wide.

Opening Hours:
Monday - Friday 8:30am - 5:00pm
Saturday 8:30am - 4:00pm

VIEW THE NEW BMW K1600GTL INSTORE AT BRISANS FOR THE WEEK OF MARCH 14TH.

Available June 2011. Priced as a base model on road ride away. Taking deposits now.

The BMW K1600GT is fitted with a 1,649cc inline-six engine that produces 160 horsepower at 7,750rpm and 175Nm of torque at 5,250rpm. Despite being a six-cylinder engine, the K1600s mill is relatively light, slim and narrow, which keeps the rig manageable for riders.

Theres Dynamic Traction Control (DTC), three riding modes (rain, road and dynamic), ride-by-wire throttle control, light alloy bridge-type frame with Duolever/Paralever suspension, electronic suspension adjustment (ESA II, with sport, normal and comfort settings), integral ABS, adaptive headlights with pitch and banking angle compensation, and an automotive-style Multi-Controller for operating the big BMW's instrument console.

Touring-specific creature comforts include an electrically adjusted windshield, optional satnav, height-adjustable riders seat, iPod compatible MP3 audio system and heated grips and seat.

·
Registered
327 Posts

Bails said:
BMW has decided to sell the K1600 GT for $37,000 US plus for extras ! More than anywhere else. Are they still upset that we fought with the Poms ??

If you finance this means an even greater layer of pain !

If you are dealer you can't sell as many units !

What a poor act for a company that could be socially responsible !
Those Fu$&ing Austarlians aside, thats only $3k more than an RT on the road and while I never thought that I would ever say this, there has to be value there? right?-------right?

When we were only pulling US $0.62c to our dollar these prices were probably justifiable.

Now that we are above parity at US$1.02 to the aussie $ these prices are Fu&#ing robbery.

·
Registered
193 Posts

simoncharles said:
I don´t like Austarlian´s much either, but I think Australians are great.

Buy a Triumph instead, made by poms.
OK, I gotta' admit, I had to read your post twice, carefully, before I got it. Well done. :histerica

·
Registered
63 Posts
roadking04 said:
Maybe I can sell my 06 in Australia for 25695 and pat cash for my Gtl
Which is why the resale on BMW's is so [email protected] here: a 2 year old RT will be lucky to sell for $20k, even an SE! (As mentioned, our specs are quite high, SE has radio/CD etc as standard).

Also, Australian import regulations forbid the import of a second hand vehicle by a private individual unless it has been owned overseas for at least two years. I had considered bringing in a new bike and saving about $6k until I did the research :(

·
Registered
126 Posts
Jay963 said:
I know nothing but could it be because of import taxes?

No, don't think so. They are gouging us in Canada for an additional 3K over US prices when the arithmetic is all done, simply because they can. We, as are the Aussies, smaller markets I guess that have traditionally had dollar exchange deficits which covered somewhat that we were being gouged. With current exchange rates this is glaringly evident. We understand the sentiment from down under up here in the Great White North. Got to shop in the US!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Just back from spending more money at the sweety shop, and an interesting discussion re prices.

First, BMW Australia apparently hedge against the $A some 4-5 years, so there is a good chance that we are currently paying on 2 year old exchange rates. Not the healthy rate that we should be getting!

Second, the K1600GT is 'only' a few thousand $A more than an RT, and I must accept that makes it remarkably good value.

Third, there is every reason to believe that BMW Australia pitch the price at what they think the local market will bear, regardless of the true cost/value. I'd also accept that, having done much the same when I ran my own business ;)

·
Registered
37 Posts
OK straight from the horses mouth at Southbank BMW. K1600GT with the lot (?) is $37,200 on the road. (K1300GT was $35K on the road with the lot)
GTL was a bit dearer about $2K from memory. R1200RT is $33K give or take a bit.And a free GPS at the moment. Not many orders by the sounds of it ? Think everyone is waiting for a ride.
Me included.
cheers Andrew
R1200GS (for now)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Andrew,

The R1200RT is a 'clearance' on 2010 stock: that's why I'm on a GT at the moment as I ordered a 2011 RT and don't want a 2010 thankyouverymuch!!

As you say, I'm not ordering until I give it a proper go. Just enough small things to make me hesitate until I try it out. But awesome gadgets and specs, IMO.

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Heli said:
Which is why the resale on BMW's is so [email protected] here: a 2 year old RT will be lucky to sell for $20k, even an SE! (As mentioned, our specs are quite high, SE has radio/CD etc as standard).

Also, Australian import regulations forbid the import of a second hand vehicle by a private individual unless it has been owned overseas for at least two years. I had considered bringing in a new bike and saving about $6k until I did the research :(
If anyone wants to buy one here in the USA, I would be glad to put some miles on it for two years and then you can have it sent down under. It just might work.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Honda hates Australians as well.$24,000 on the road for a VFR1200F !
Remember our dollar at the moment is parity with the $US.
cheers Andrew

1 - 20 of 20 Posts