BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put in the syn. 75/140 and noticed that the manufacturer has changed the color of the fluid. It used to be a golden color, but now is a red. I would not think it has changed any of the viscosity factors.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just changed mine with the Red Line Heavy shock proof and it's a strawberry milk shake color.... 75w250......

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Color change

Talked to the dealer today and they said the reason for the color change was because too many people were getting it mixed up with the engine oil. Makes sense to me.

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
Three Gear Oils Available

SeaMarshal said:
Talked to the dealer today and they said the reason for the color change was because too many people were getting it mixed up with the engine oil. Makes sense to me.
Recently I looked at three BMW gear oils. One is dino, two are synthetic. One synth is motor-oil colored and the other is red. I used the red until recently when I switched to this. Shifting is much smoother that BMW after 10k. I'll still change it at 12k when I do the rest of the fluids (rear drive too) and compare to some of the BMW I saved from the last change. Perhaps I will send them in for analysis.

BTW, did you get your bolt hole fixed? PM me if you need help.

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
SeaMarshal said:

hmmmm, doesn't TASTE any different...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts