BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys our new LT owner Sander Walker (funny guy with to last names) is looking for whose famous "BMW" Floor Boards, was hoping to find a used pair a some kind of reasonable price. Got any thoughts?

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Sander Walker (funny guy with to last names) [/QUOTE said:
How dare he use my last name as his first... :) Thats so confusing. :rotf:

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
Not a definite answer but other than buying the big fancy ones, Dokie (sp?) made some for the LT but I have never used them. I did have my eye on them for a while though.

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,456 Posts
bulletbill said:
Hey guys our new LT owner Sander Walker (funny guy with to last names) is looking for whose famous "BMW" Floor Boards, was hoping to find a used pair a some kind of reasonable price. Got any thoughts?
Hey, Bill. Take a look here at some floorboards that get good reviews when the topic comes up. I'd imagine the ones in the ad have been sold, given it's 6 or 7 months old. Butt, the link to the maker might be worth a click.

BTW - that wuzn't the reason you called my cell phone the other day, wuz it? I answered and could hear you chatting with a nice lady, butt guess you didn't know I wuz on the line. Left you a voice message later.

Tell Sander "Hi" for me. Looking forward to seeing you guyz sometime this year.

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
ibbones said:
Not a definite answer but other than buying the big fancy ones, Dokie (sp?) made some for the LT but I have never used them. I did have my eye on them for a while though.
Come to Houston on May 7th and you can try out Ilium and dodk64 floorboards.

dan

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
DanMartin said:
Come to Houston on May 7th and you can try out Ilium and dodk64 floorboards.

dan
I already have it on my calender.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Greetings Gentlemen, :wave
I am definitely the new guy to the K1200LT.
Two things BulletBill left out: 1. I am looking for passenger floorboards for the LT. 2. My first name is Sanders.
Although once I saw that Bill had used Sander, I thought it would make a good user name.
For some years I stayed away from the K1200LT. To Big & Heavy.
Elizabeth and I were coming back from the Grand Canyon last year on the way home to Arkansas and decided we needed something larger than the Honda PC800 if we were going to ride back roads that you could see disapear into the horizon without a corner.
Now we have Big Fluffy a 2002 K1200LTC. Big Fluffy is definitely larger and more comfortable.
Even though it is still a heavy motorcycle I have become a convert. It will get some pretty serious lean angles and grind pegs :D .
I am looking for a set of passenger floorboards like Bill has on his LT. I haven't even been able to find a picture of those boards (they are adjustable for height with handle lock underneath the boards). They look like some you would find on a Gold Wing :eek:
Keep riding
Sander

·
Registered
596 Posts
Nice to see another PC/LT owner.
The PC has become my wife's bike, she loves it.
I call it the baby LT

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey Eric,
Our PC is also a 1990.
It was our tour bike in Germany until we got a 2004 MotoGuzzi EV1100. Then when we got back to the states in 2008 we built a house and had it in storage. We used a 96 Guzzi 1100 until we got the PC out of storage. At that point since the PC was smoother we used it to go to Maine & Mass. year before last and the Grand Canyon this past year.
Elizabeth was more comfortable on the back of the PC than anyother bike, and we tested road a lot of them, until we got the LT.
The LT will be headed to Oregon and Pa. this year and anywhere else we go.
The PC will do everything adequately, it really is an all around motorcycle. :D
Thanks for the reply
Sander

1 - 9 of 9 Posts