BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a pair of BMW Denim City Pants. I have wanted a pair of these pants, but didn't want to pay the $289 price. Since BMW has released the version 2 of the pant, you can find the original version for $100 off MSRP from various dealers (check e-bay)

I like the fit of jeans and their light weight, compared to the typical motorcycle mesh pants, which make me look like a space traveler. I have Draggin Jeans and Diamond Gusset Defenders, both of which are Kevlar reinforced, but these don't have armor.

I like the looks and fit of the Denim City pants. They still look like jeans, even though they have the knee and hip armor. They have a mesh lining that feels comfortable next to your skin (the Kevlar in the other jeans I have feels like burlap).

I recommend the BMW Denim City Pants for folks looking for jeans, but also want armor.

Bill

·
Registered
72 Posts
I would probably get a pair for around town if they've dropped that much in price. For the long trips, I still like my "Spaceman" Costume. ;)

·
Registered
323 Posts
I bought a pair of these "City 2" pants and I'm very pleased with them. Very comfortable for day rides, but for the long distance stuff, I prefer Comfort Shell / Tour Shell gear.

Yes, it's expensive as is all this stuff, but if you happen to be riding in jeans, and happen to lay it down at 50mph (like my friend did on a day with light rain in San Diego) you won't be grinding your kneecap damn near off...like he did and spending a week in the hospital, a month of painful physical therapy and knowing that some of the skin what was on your butt is now covering your kneecap. :) Good gear is always worth the money if you happen to go down at speed.

Mark

·
Registered
92 Posts
How was the sizing? I am looking to buy a pair as well.
Thank you
David

1 - 4 of 4 Posts