BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been searching for a cup holder for a year. Lost out three times on eBay for one. I finally get one for a decent price. It does not fit. Hit hits my GPS. Just my luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
So I have been searching for a cup holder for a year. Lost out three times on eBay for one. I finally get one for a decent price. It does not fit. Hit hits my GPS. Just my luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Welcome to the forum Larry. I skipped the BMW holder and went with a RAM mount assortment ( reservoir mount and cup holder ). It came with a Coozie inside for holding cans or possibly some smaller bottles. I cut a piece of foam play mat to make a medium sized super insulated cup fit firmly. The larger super cups are too top heavy to use in it but you get the idea. It is adjustable to meet the needs of bar movement and other things in the way. I can just lean forward and take a sip without removing my hands from the bars to pick it up.

Attachments

Reactions: Leaping1

·
Registered
733 Posts
The former owner of my bike sold off the GPS unit. So, I have no GPS spot. I use my phone and bluetooth helmet for directions anyways. For me, it was over a year of looking for a cup to work in my cup holder...if it's not one thing, it is another. Finally, for Christmas, I got a cup just the right size.While other cups fit the holder, they were all too top-heavy and would flip over. It's no fun being in a curve and seeing the cup flipping over with nothing I can do about it.

Good luck with your search for the right thing that works for you.

·
Premium Member
7,614 Posts
The former owner of my bike sold off the GPS unit. So, I have no GPS spot. I use my phone and bluetooth helmet for directions anyways. For me, it was over a year of looking for a cup to work in my cup holder...if it's not one thing, it is another. Finally, for Christmas, I got a cup just the right size.While other cups fit the holder, they were all too top-heavy and would flip over. It's no fun being in a curve and seeing the cup flipping over with nothing I can do about it.

Good luck with your search for the right thing that works for you.
Maybe you could stick some wheel weights on the bottom of the cup holder to add a little ballast.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,167 Posts
I run a CamelBak Unbottle in an insulated bag on the topcase rack and have a long hose that both the wife and I can sip cold water from all day long. I add ice at each gas stop and the water stays good and cold. I was never much for cup holders.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,614 Posts
I run a CamelBak Unbottle in an insulated bag on the topcase rack and have a long hose that both the wife and I can sip cold water from all day long. I add ice at each gas stop and the water stays good and cold. I was never much for cup holders.
Looks like a fire hose. 😀

·
Registered
733 Posts
Please share. I understand the BMW is a good solution for $100 What is the perfect cup? I probably need one
Sorry for the late response. i have been out of the country. The cup says "Manna" on it. It slides down into the cup holder so that it is weighted on the bottom and works perfect. I didn't see it on a quick google search.

·
Premium Member
4,883 Posts
I had the BMW cup holder on my 02 LT and it was well engineered, fit perfectly on the handlebar, always held the cup in place and stored out of the way when it wasn't being used. It did need to be lubricated regularly at about 10 joints ! It was way too expensive, but did exactly what it was intended to do and did it well.

BMW didn't make one for the GTL, but I was able to attach a very simple bicycle bottle holder to the side and it too works very well. No moving parts like the one for the LT. Nothing like a cool drink on a hot day to stay alert.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have the BMW one you want, I took it off as I hate all the junk up on the bars....
Shoot me an offer, I will ship ASAP

1 - 12 of 12 Posts