BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

My wife and I currently have Evo 6 Helmets with BMW Version 2 Communications, as is usual after some years the batteries need replacing, so I have just finished placing an order with my dealer for two new batteries. During this conversation I enquired about ordering the higher capacity 2400mAh batteries from the Version 3 Communications system intended for the System 7 Helmets.

I was then informed that they have a different connector and so would not fit, I then suggested that a battery being a battery as long as the Voltage was the same the increase in capacity would not affect the system and surely all I would have to do was to solder the old connector onto the higher capacity battery and fit. Answer "We would not even want to try that and advise you not to as the two systems are different".

On looking into this a Gentleman who purchased the New System 7 helmet (Who makes the BMW BTHSG-2 Bluetooth Communication System)under the title of and version 3 communications took the opportunity of posting photographs of both Version 2 Circuit Board and Version 3 Circuit board, HUM!! all the connectors are the same, indeed the boards are identical with the exception of the Aerial section in Blue.

Do you ever get the feeling that you have just been mislead!!!

Your views are mostwelcome

Kind regards

Indy

Attachments

·
Registered
548 Posts
Yeah, I never trust pastors/priests, doctors, and dealer “experts”...
Do your own research (as you did) and then decide.
They did mislead you it seems.

I read somewhere that v1, v2 were made by Cardo and v3 by Sena.
However the cards seem of similar design.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
I followed this post and fell for it and bought the incorrect Item. My BAD, should have done more research!

the pictures you have included are for V2 only. As you mention it is the same, only difference the antenna.

Bellow are the links to the FCC homologation that has been presented by the manufacturer. In each link you will find the manual and internal pictures.

BTHSG2 (V2) FCC ID QWY-BTHSG2 BMW Motorcycle Communication System by Peiker acustic GmbH & Co. KG
BTHSG3 (V3) FCC ID QWY-BTHSG3 HSG KomV3 by Peiker acustic GmbH

You will see that V3 is completely different. V3 also supports BT 4.0 and is 10 years more recent vs the V
3758119-0.png
Attaching pictures.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts