BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2009 K1200LT. To save money and a longer warranty, one of the things I purchased at the time of the bike purchase was BMW's CB. Even though I know J&M provides the CB unit, I went for the BMW (logo) because in the BMW catalogue it states the kit comes with a PTT for both the rider and passenger. Well after having it installed I realized there was no PTT for the passenger. After several weeks of waiting, I just found out from my dealer that they were just told BMW no longer makes a PTT for the passenger and that BMW forgot to remove from the catalogue as well as their website.

I am not complaining about my dealer as they have been a 10 to work with and have gone to bat for me. My dealer told me they were in contact with their rep and have confirmed that they will order a PTT and at BMW's expense install it for me.

I told the owner of the dealer that my spouse is used to having a PTT (as I gave up my wing to make the switch to the LT) and I didn't think he would want to deal with her. LOL!!

I just wanted to get this out to as many folks as I can so you don't buy for the same reason as I did and find out the kit doesn't include the PTT for the passenger.

I have to say I am not impressed with North American Corporate as it took about a month to finally get an answer that should have only taken a phone call.

Gary :bmw:

·
Registered
628 Posts
gwpdx said:
I told the owner of the dealer that my spouse is used to having a PTT (as I gave up my wing to make the switch to the LT) and I didn't think he would want to deal with her. LOL!!

Gary :bmw:
Just put a dummy button back there and tell her it's PTT..... and say "yes" and "I love you too" and nod your head a lot. That's what I would do. LOL

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunently,I don't think she would see the humor in it as I do but thanks for the comment!
Gary :histerica

1 - 3 of 3 Posts