BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For warranty and extended warranty, does BMW require an authorized service center? I assume as long as the services are done at the appropriate mileages and there is proof of service then it does not matter. Has anyone had issues with warranty work due to not using authorized service?
Thanks!!
:D

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My sales person just told me that legally BMW cannot force their service on people to keep the warranty so I can have it done elsewhere.

That is good... :D

The closest place to me is Independent Motorcycle Repair in Philomath, OR ... I know it is a long shot but any Oregonian's out there familiar and/or got any other recommendations for service in Corvallis up to Salem (Eugene as well)?
I sent a PM to BaronVonGregg being that he is in Philomath and hope to get a response as well.

Thanks All!!

·
Registered
712 Posts
Just keep one thing in mind about using a non-BMW service center (or yourself for that matter). Should a problem arise in the future, BMW may question the expertise of the previous maintenance and call in to question whether the work was done properly. Or in other words, they may claim that the cause of the future failure was improper technique, non-OEM parts, etc. and disallow the warrenty.

It's not something that happens often (a lot depends on teh dealer & BMW), but it does happen. Just for that reason alone I will let BMW do all the maintence work on my '06 until the factory warrenty runs out. Then it'll be a mix of BMW & myself doing the work while under the extended warrenty.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts