BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Dateline: Tucson, AZ, USA

BMW Motorcycles is pleased to announce the addition of a new trailer specifically matched to the outstanding performance capabilities of their new line of sport luxury tourers. Equipped with a fold away hitch to facilitate easy storage, this new trailer is gyroscopically stabilized and automatically leans into corners. This breakthrough technology virtually eliminates trailer "wobble" and allows it to carrying an amazing 600 lbs. of gear - almost approaching the weight of the K1600 itself.

One of the most intriguing features of the new trailer is hydraulic "auto braking" similar to that used on large boat trailers. The braking system is equipped with a single disc ABS unit located inboard. The K1600's main braking system ties into the unit and activates once hitched.

Available in factory matched paint, the new trailer will go on sale this spring at dealers to coincide with the first US deliveries of the K1600 lineup. No suggested retail price was available at press time, but you can bet your sweet ass it's going to cost an arm and a maybe two legs, and damn well better mow your lawn while you're sleeping.

Clicky here

Attachments

·
THE Democracy Doctor
5,694 Posts
Such a shame to put a pig like that behind a beautiful new GT/L. Now a G/W, well that's where it belongs.....:D

·
Registered
975 Posts
Ron - how do you manage to get in the on these press releases so soon?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Click the link...it is simply Ron up to his normal "exaggerations"...unless the new GTL is prone to making the grass grow quickly.

·
THE Democracy Doctor
5,694 Posts
Duane_in_Florida said:
Click the link...it is simply Ron up to his normal "exaggerations"...unless the new GTL is prone to making the grass grow quickly.
Nothing the matter with fast grass! :D

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Duane_in_Florida said:
More like "leg pulling". ;)

I'd still like to have one - even though all I've got are rocks. :D

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
I'm not too sure, but I believe BMW has bought Husqvarna with in the last year or two.......put a roundel on it................. :histerica

·
THE Democracy Doctor
5,694 Posts
As long as it makes it behind your bike, that's all that matters....:)

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
RonKMiller said:
Did I show you the new helm and console I just built from scratch for my 28 foot tritoon? :D
No, actually, that is the first I've seen it.......I have been meaning to ask about the progress............I luv it............I'm not surprised in the least. In fact I'm proud of you........

Keep us posted............. :cool:

·
Premium Member
2,945 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,801 Posts
You had me going... for about 5 seconds. Solar panels - on a trailer? And the little wheel(s) up front - that couldn't work.

Duh... remember the source: if it's from Ron, it must be something over the top. :D

That said: yes, I'd tow a trailer behind a K1600GT/GTL. I have a Unigo for my LT, and for the very same reason I could see having a trailer with the new bike.

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hschisler said:
You had me going... for about 5 seconds. Solar panels - on a trailer? And the little wheel(s) up front - that couldn't work.

Duh... remember the source: if it's from Ron, it must be something over the top. :D

That said: yes, I'd tow a trailer behind a K1600GT/GTL. I have a Unigo for my LT, and for the very same reason I could see having a trailer with the new bike.
5 seconds counts! :yeah:

Those little wheels up front are part of the gyroscopically stabilized lean system - hey - wait a minute.... Uni Go already has that part figured out! :bike:

·
Registered
368 Posts
Palerider said:
I'm not too sure, but I believe BMW has bought Husqvarna with in the last year or two.......put a roundel on it................. :histerica

Correct. BMW is officially the largest manufacturer of lawnmowers on the planet...really!

·
THE Democracy Doctor
5,694 Posts
JonfromCB said:
Correct. BMW is officially the largest manufacturer of trailers on the planet...really!
Fixed it for yah! :D

·
IBR# 366
16,553 Posts
JonfromCB said:
Correct. BMW is officially the largest user of trailers on the planet...really!
Fixed it for yah! :D

1 - 20 of 33 Posts