BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

Just curious if anyone has bought the following accessories and there thoughts (and maybe pics)

1. Cylinder-head cover guards
  2. Protective Glass for 10-INCH TFT
  3. Chrome-Plated Pannier Trim
  4. Impact Protection for Touring cases
  5. Comfort Windscreen
  6. Topcase Chrome-plated trim
Also, what engine protection do people use?

Thank you

·
Registered
'21 R1250RT
579 Posts
1. Yes, love it more then the bars. Works just as good on low speed/stationary drops.
2. Not glass, film. I only applied it because it came as part of the whole bike protection film kit. Only way to stop stone chips. Otherwise I would have not put on anything on the TFT. Very unlikely to get scratched up there.
3. As above, film only, it has a chrome trim already.
4. BIG YES. My pillion in a million has short legs so pannier bars get in the way of her comfort, so went for the two piece/per pannier kit. Again, works very well in low speed/stationary situation.
5. I got myself a Puig screen, refuse the feed the one and only W.A. BMW stealer. Happy with the choice.
6. Would love one of those to match the panniers and other chrome bits on my Manhattan Metallic. Where do you get it from? I assume this is around the auxiliary brake light. Right?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The only things I have from your list are the OEM cylinder guards, and I have a Werks screen. If you are looking for a screen you can do much better than the comfort screen
Can I get a pic of your chrome bits on the panniers? You are correct with No. 6. it goes around the zux light. I had a Puig on my 1250GSA which I loved, might look into the PUIG again. The standard screen is about 2 inches to short to be ideal for me!. Happy you liked No.4 - looks like a good idea!.

Thanks

·
Registered
513 Posts
Cylinder head protectors are great for the job they are made for. But they won't stop your plastic getting damaged in a drop. I fitted Illium bars, rears are lower and removable so when not using the panniers I remove them. I managed to drop my bike a few months ago, the front bars did their job, not a mark on the fairing, mirrors or top box. Didn't have the rear bars fitted or panniers.

But have suffered with the paint finish, have them fitted on 4 bikes and 3 have had to have the bars removed and powder coated because of corrosion, one set is only a year old. But they do work well.

·
Premium Member
2022 BMW R1250RT
216 Posts
1. Yes, love it more then the bars. Works just as good on low speed/stationary drops.
2. Not glass, film. I only applied it because it came as part of the whole bike protection film kit. Only way to stop stone chips. Otherwise I would have not put on anything on the TFT. Very unlikely to get scratched up there.
3. As above, film only, it has a chrome trim already.
4. BIG YES. My pillion in a million has short legs so pannier bars get in the way of her comfort, so went for the two piece/per pannier kit. Again, works very well in low speed/stationary situation.
5. I got myself a Puig screen, refuse the feed the one and only W.A. BMW stealer. Happy with the choice.
6. Would love one of those to match the panniers and other chrome bits on my Manhattan Metallic. Where do you get it from? I assume this is around the auxiliary brake light. Right?
Hello Hati - which film did you use?

·
Registered
'21 R1250RT
579 Posts
Hello Hati - which film did you use?
I used Ozishield.com.au but for some reason it does not show on his website. I think I was his first customer for the '21 set, asked him before I got the bike. It's excellent quality kit, takes some practice to apply it. He does fit it for you for a fee though. From memory he is in Melbourne. Now there are more options and cheaper prices, so do a bit of Googling, especially if you want to apply it yourself.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I ordered my triple black 2022 with Illium Bars front and back installed. I viewed the included cost much like pulling off a band aid. I had the dealer install the back chrome brake light and side chrome trim on the panniers. Protective film on the TFT was also added. I really like the look and get lots of positive comments.
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Tire Motor vehicle Wheel

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Tire Motor vehicle Wheel
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I ordered my triple black 2022 with Illium Bars front and back installed. I viewed the included cost much like pulling off a band aid. I had the dealer install the back chrome brake light and side chrome trim on the panniers. Protective film on the TFT was also added. I really like the look and get lots of positive comments. View attachment 179045
View attachment 179046 View attachment 179045 View attachment 179046
Looks very nice :) The chrome adds a nice touch and the bars aren't that noticeable!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Have Ilium engine and rear guards they protect the engine and rear cases very well, trust me, I know. No TFT cover but I did put on the frame that goes around the TFT to make the casual pull it off more difficult. Don’t care for chrome so no to those questions.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts